Suspension Top Mounts

THE MONSTER

Reaction score
Audi A4 1997 B5 1.8t Sport..Engine Aeb

Anybody got the part numbers for the Front and Rear Suspension Top mounts pictures would be nice if you have them just to make sure I get the right ones...(just to see what they look like)

Bit of a question with the rear if they are in two parts.....

Audi A4 1997 B5 1.8t Sport..Engine Aeb

Anybody got the part numbers for the Front and Rear Suspension Top mounts pictures would be nice if you have them just to make sure I get the right ones...(just to see what they look like)

Bit of a question with the rear if they are in two parts.....

Doe's anyone know what the Front and rear Suspension top mounts look like or have a part number know one seems to know...[/QUOTE]

Look in the parts database in sticky threads. It's below the eBay and picture threads, should be able to find them there.

Look in the parts database in sticky threads. It's below the eBay and picture threads, should be able to find them there.

Yeah tried that but you cannot identify which is the actual top mount needed, both Front and Rear can be any of at least 2 parts...

Don't want to strip it down only to find I have the wrong part....

I'm actually putting the B12 Pro Kit on only I was advised to change the Front and Rear Top mounts while I was doing it...

Yeah tried that but you cannot identify which is the actual top mount needed, both Front and Rear can be any of at least 2 parts...

Don't want to strip it down only to find I have the wrong part....

I'm actually putting the B12 Pro Kit on only I was advised to change the Front and Rear Top mounts while I was doing it...

I think I have located the Front Solid Rubber Mount looking on the Net but not the Rear cannot find anything related to the rear Mount..

1997 is different than the earlier struts by the look of it you have to take the moulding off the rear seat to get at the top of the Strut which as a 6 sides plastic dome which when turned from underneath it will allow the strut to come out..

Don't know if there is any top mount then that needs replacing .....

If you Google Top Strut Mount for this model you always get the Front shown I am thinking if you don't need to change the Rear because the front Rubber mount affects or can affect the steering to some degree...any help appreciated

Last edited:
Front top mount is 4D0412377F if you google that number you'll get plenty pics, its just a round rubber doughnut.

Rear top mount has numerous parts on the early cars and unfortunately i dont actually know what bits wear out.

At a guess 357512107A is the main mount, but i'm not really sure.

The later cars simplified the whole arrangement, but they changed the shock slightly as well, so if you want the later type top mount, you need to buy the later type shock to match i think.

I think all you can do is take it apart and inspect the bits that come off.

Front top mount is 4D0412377F if you google that number you'll get plenty pics, its just a round rubber doughnut.

Rear top mount has numerous parts on the early cars and unfortunately i dont actually know what bits wear out.

At a guess 357512107A is the main mount, but i'm not really sure.

The later cars simplified the whole arrangement, but they changed the shock slightly as well, so if you want the later type top mount, you need to buy the later type shock to match i think.

I think all you can do is take it apart and inspect the bits that come off.

Right...Thanks Kev.. I think that is best to check when I get them off...there are a couple of parts they are calling bearings for my car I will check them..