1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

suspension question

Discussion in 'A8/S8 forum' started by Tank., Mar 29, 2014.

1. Tank.

Tank. Member

[Mar 29, 2014]
    As someone else posted, I've also been looking at A6's with not many around in the spec I'm wanting at the right price, but plenty fully loaded A8's and with something that nice id be willing to overlook the fact that ideally i was looking at the A6 avant, the saloon doesnt do it for me for some reason, but the A8 does.

Anyway ive never really experienced air suspension on cars before and at around £500 a corner seems a bit daunting not to mention the cost of compressor also.

Whats peoples experience with reliability and length of life of these struts?

All insight much appreciated
  2. B5NUT

B5NUT Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

[Mar 29, 2014]
    They are very reliable, and don't give much trouble. But you pays your money and take your chances, remember the A8 was around £50K new, and are not cheap to repair when things go wrong. Remember you will be able to get spares from breakers to keep the costs down.
  3. Tank.

Tank. Member

[Mar 29, 2014]
    haha you must be fed up replying to my posts across the forum, thanks very much for the reply.

getting fed up waiting for an A6 to turn up that has what i want, and one i saw today on ebay from RVVS with all the bits with right mileage and age was £12k far more than i can afford.

With dad willing to foot the bill up to 6.5k and me covering the rest theres a couple A8's under 100k miles that look really nice and all within 1K of what dad will pay.
  4. B5NUT

[Mar 29, 2014]
    Not at all, always interesting question come up.

Its is going to be hard to find a cheap A6 with low mileage, and the same could be said for the A8 but they do lose more money than the lower models.
  5. Tank.

Tank. Member

[Mar 29, 2014]
  6. B5NUT

[Mar 29, 2014]
    Personally I would not touch that car due to the interior colour, will be a right pain to keep clean. Also the Bluetooth does not support music streaming as stated in the advert.
  7. Tank.

Tank. Member

[Mar 29, 2014]
    as a keen amateur detailer/valeter keeping it clean doesnt worry me too much, but handy to know about bluetooth streaming, which would be a handy extra if available but in all honesty not a huge selling point for me