1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suspension kit options.

AndymacA4 Apr 9, 2009

1. AndymacA4

AndymacA4 Member

I am thinking about doing some work to my A4 SE.

It is currently stock everything. The car has done 77K on its original shocks and springs. I like the ride quality on the existing SE spec suspension, most roads around here are breaking up, but I'd like less wallow and a tad less roll.

What kind of kit are forum members running on at the moment?

Are there any particular brands to buy or to avoid?

I'm looking to build up a bit of a definative guide here.

Anyone got any first hand experience to add?

Cheers

Andy

2. AndymacA4

AndymacA4 Member

Is there really no forum members who have aftermarket suspension mods on their cars. I'm surprised!

3. scottyjohn

scottyjohn Member

I had standard SE spec on my A4 TDI Avant, and swapped out for H&R 40mm lowering springs and Bilstein shockas all round. My partner thinks its too hard but I think its perfect. SE was way too wallowy. Just need to do some front bushes now :-(

4. AndymacA4

AndymacA4 Member

I've been having a look at the different options available from Audi for the A4. I see there are 3 options for suspension as standard.

1st is the wallowy, luxury spec SE suspension trim.

2nd is the tighter, lower, Sport spec suspension.

3rd is S-Line spec suspension.

I'm not sure if S-Line and Sport are the same spec suspension.

I am thinking that I might be able to replace my SE spec suspension with the Sport or S-Line spec stuff.
    Is this possible, or likely to improve the ride and handling.

5. worpspeed

worpspeed a41.9tdi/zenons/s line kit/rs4 rims/eibach springs

hi all
    my car was originally a tdi avant se ,
    i have fitted eibach 60mm lowered spings and shocks i must admit its a bit rough on uneven roads but i do like it overall but hoping to get coilovers this year want to make it lower .