1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suspension issues

gedi Oct 9, 2012

1. gedi

gedi Member

Hi i need a bit of advice.I got my front suspension arms changed maybe 8 mths ago(1.8 98 2WD) and made a big mistake buying cheap ones. All the bushes are gone already it feel like steering a boat. I was thinking to buy the full set from 034motosport or get a full set of powerflex bushes as balljoints are in perfect condition. And another question is rear axle bushes as they are not so fresh aswell. I was trying to find some upgraded ones but couldn't find a thing. Any ideas or advice?! Thanks

2. jcb

jcb Active Member VCDS Map User

bushes are shot but ball joints are oK?
    usually the other way round.

I have a full poly bushed car with solids in some places (rear sub)
    you will still be replacing arms more than most people as poly bushed cars eat ball joints a little faster.....but its worth it!

I cant comment on the 034 but I can comment on Allgermanparts and their excellent service and supply of Meyle and Lemforder OEM spec arms in kits

3. gedi

gedi Member

yeah i was suprised that balljoints are good. I'm looking at few options its either 034motosport density line arms or Meyle the only difference is warranty 034motosport gives only 1 year warranty and Meyle 4 years so it no brainer rather have smth thats gonna last.

4. AwesomeMike

AwesomeMike Member

If it helps at all give us a shout if you want some Powerflex bushes! :) Will be able to sort you some good prices! Not only they the Powerflex do come with a 'limited lifetime' warranty too! (Which I have yet to see any limits!!)

Cheers!

http://www.awesomegti.com]Awesome[/url] Mike

5. jcb

jcb Active Member VCDS Map User

my powerflex bushes are now in their third set of arms!
    you will never have to call on their warranty!