1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suspension help please.

tommo5600 May 26, 2013

1. tommo5600

tommo5600 Member

Hey everyone.

So i had my AP coil overs and Eibach ARB's fitted a couple of week ago, first couple of days were glorious far better handling and turn in. However i started to hear a slight rattle/groan/creak on what sounds like the offside going over bumps. Since then this has been getting progressively worse. I have now changed the top mount, rear wishbone bush and ball joint thinking it was the cause to no avail.
    Now i seem to remember hearing somewhere that the standard drop links might need changing as they are too short for the new ARB.... is there any truth to this?
    I have taken it back to the person that fitted the shocks and ARB's and he scratched his head after a test drive not having a clue what it could be.

Any other suggestions would be welcome before i bite the bullet and take it to the stealers.

2. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

Front arb could knock on the upright, I had this issue on passenger side, I actually got a grinder & smoothed of the angular edge of that upright & this helped a bit, now it may not be your issue, but it was with Eibach ARB's I had issues with.

I would remove the connecting links temp, tie arb up safely so not interfering with anything else & see if the issue goes.

tommo5600 likes this.
  3. tommo5600

tommo5600 Member

thanks mate