Suspension / Geometry Question

hardhitter

Reaction score
I will be replacing one or both of the front track rod ends soon on my 1.8 TQS saloon. As I was looking through the audi self-study manuals to find out the settings so I can get all the geometry checked and set up. I came across the various suspension types (and codes) and I can't find the code on my white sticker. The codes it lists are not on my white sticker or anything similar where the arrow points to.

Can anyone tell me what suspension type I have ?

Thanks

Autodata only lists two options iirc. "models with aluminium top mount" and "models without aluminium top mount" or something along those lines.

what settings?
stock front geometry settings?
Surely you won't be able to adjust them until it is on the 4 wheel alignment machine. there is very little adjustment in them anyway, short of the subfrmae left right shuffle to match camber and track rod end adjustment to set toe in/out

ye, but autodata lists the valid range for the camber and castor, so you can tell if anything is out.

Thats my thinking. Get the toe set and check the rest, especially before new tyres go on.

I assume mine has 'sport' suspension, but i can't be cure as I can't find the code on the white sticker.

how are you going to measure whether or not it is valid without fitting the arms and getting it on the 4 wheel system?

But for your info:
(all Left habnd side data reverse for right hand side)
Front Castor: -0deg10min to -1deg0min
Front Camber 0deg10min to -1deg0min
Front Toe: 0deg05min to 0deg15min

Rear Camber: -0deg10min to -1deg10min
Rear Toe: 0deg03min to 0deg13min

Personally I like my front toe set slightly lower at zero or even slightly toed out, it counters the understeer and makes for a more pointy car.
likewise I have my rear camber on full negative at just over a degree.