Suspension combos

Drysdale

Reaction score
Looking to having the car lowered 30mm or so. As its a fairly old car, I'll be uprating the dampers too. Now...I've got my eye on the Eibach 30mm springs for £120. I cant afford the Eibach shocks too. What shocks are compatible with the eibach 30mms? Looking for budget uprated ones!!

My car is in the shop getting H&R springs and bilstein shocks installed. I'll let you know what I think of them when I get my car back. I bought them from AWE tuning for about $659.00. Seeing as I have an a4 and yoh have an a3/s3, I don't know if they offer similar packages, but that price cannot be beat.

afourquattro - thanks for the reply. $659 is what, £340 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Sounds good to me...thank god for the exchange rate. Don't think it'd be a good idea ordering from over the pond though...with shipping/import duty and the fact if they're not compatible I'd be f**ked really. Only heard good things about H&R and Bilstein though, so think you'll be in luck.

velcro - I've had about 5 cars lowered now and I'd saying you'll be paying anywhere between £80 and £160 to have springs/shocks fitted.

Still...anyone....I'm only looking to lower 30mm or so and theres only a few springs that will do this...Eibach being one of them. Whats the cheapest damper/spring combo i can get including Eibachs??

No problem. I just got them installed today, but the alignment is not finished so I will be picking the car up tommorow. I went into the shop about 10 hours after I dropped off the car because I forgot my wallet and I was able to see the car with the new suspension and wheels on it. They are 18 RS4s and the car looks absolutely amazing. There very little fender gap and the wider wheels are now flush with the outside of the fenders. No need for wheel spacers! I couldn't be happier with the looks, I will just have to wait and see how it drives!

[ QUOTE ]
velcro said:
Does anyone know what sort of prices do i expect to get dampers and springs fitted?

[/ QUOTE ]

H&R springs with Koni dampers is approx £700 fitted - this includes VAT and wheel alignment IIRC from AMD...but then on top of that you most likely will find you need adjustable tie arms (I did)...

Dunc

Anyone fitted Bilstein PSS9 on their A3 or S3?

cheers dunc/drysdale.

I best get saving the pennys. But first i need to replace my track rod adjuster arm and i think my clutch is on its way out. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif