1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suspension Clunk

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by Reesy, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Reesy

Reesy Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

[Apr 4, 2011]
    Hi there,

I'm a regular viewer/part time poster on the 8L section, but my parents have an '06 2.0t avant, and I have a couple of questions that I was hoping you guys could answer.

1. It's done over 100,000 miles and the suspension is tired to say the least! Anyone got any opinions on a spring/shock combination for £400 or less? Not really interested in coilovers, as they're looking for a sporty, but not really firm ride. (Not firmer then OEM)

2. It makes a clunking noise fairly regularly when the turning right and left, and occasionally over bumps. This clunk comes from the N/S front, in the foot well area. It has had the suspension arm changed at Audi, but that didn't solve it.

Any ideas/information would be gratefully received.

Sorry for the essay!

Thanks
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2011
  2. Triple.O.G

Triple.O.G Active Member

[Apr 6, 2011]
    The noise is most likely a joint with a split in it so it will have dried up, as for spring shock combo got AP set up for £325 from DPM performance. check em out and keep us up to date.
  3. Reesy

Reesy Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

[Apr 7, 2011]
    Do you reckon top mounts?
  4. Triple.O.G

Triple.O.G Active Member

[Apr 7, 2011]
    Possibly, check there as tight as can be as this will cause a terrible noise if there even slightly loose, check control arms also.