Suspension checklist

Keefy

Reaction score
Having put it off and put it off for aaages, I'm finally getting round to sorting out the suspension and handling on my S3. It's done less than 60k but in the last 6 months or so it's become a bit rubbish. A bit crashy over bumps (further excerbated when I fitted 18"s and spacers) and yet boaty in corners.

I've got some R32 front and rear ARBs to fit, Bilsteins/Eibachs are on their way next week and currently looking for some adjustable tie-bars.

I'm looking to get it all fitted at once, so what I need to work out is a checklist of all bits needed beforehand.
I know I'll need R32 ARB bushes (2x Front 1J0411314T & 2x Rear 4B0511327?), but is it worth sorting out the top mounts? Are there other bushes, clips and mounts that I need or are worth replacing? Are poly-bushes worth it or are OEM items fine for the job?

I'm not looking for a super-firm track setup, just something that's got a comfortable OEM feel, a little lower for looks and less roll going through the corners.

Definitely go for new top mounts and bearings, you can at least build them up off the car, then it's a straight swop over, no messing with spring compressors twice! Maybe consider new front and rear drop links, they aren't that expensive, and since you are removing them, might aswell replace for new.