Suspension bush lubricant?

richyo

Reaction score
Hi all,
Have always found all the info I need before - some quality helpful posts and knowledgeable posters, but I'm about to swap out my suspension strut bushes on my 2001 S3 and the on-line manual says to coat with assembly lubricant G 249 421 A1. I can't find a reference to it any posts on swapping the mounts.

What have others used before I have to go to main dealers?

Thanks in advance

I have got silicon lubricant, halfords don't even sell rubber grease. The biggest problem for me is to get the arb close enough to get the bolts back in. I left the car on jacks tonight puzzling over this. Will try a longer bolt to try and get it tight in place, then put the new ones in, they have a V cut in? Not sure why.
Think I made a mistake connecting the new drop links as there is even less movement now.

I have got silicon lubricant, halfords don't even sell rubber grease. The biggest problem for me is to get the arb close enough to get the bolts back in. I left the car on jacks tonight puzzling over this. Will try a longer bolt to try and get it tight in place, then put the new ones in, they have a V cut in? Not sure why.
Think I made a mistake connecting the new drop links as there is even less movement now.
I did same job took me half hour. Undo the front tie rods, and keep jiggling the arbitrary into place, once you have bolt in leave it loose, go to other side and it's a lot easier. I was shocked how easy it is.

I just used 25mm m8 to get them into place then swapped for supplied bolts, didn't want to overtighten as one side felt a little weak. It was incredibly difficult to get the bolt out that side too.

Thanks for replies - sorry for the bump, not been near a computer for 2 weeks!

Not sure if those are easy threads to ruin or something but go careful guys, i had to helicoil one of mine. Luckily i noticed it whilst i had the subframe off and it was a 2 minute job :D

I use fairy washing up liquid for suspension bush lube.Seems to work for me and doesn't damage the rubber.

Reactions: S3-LINCS