Suspension advice 1.8T QS - Eibach Springs / Bilstein dampers or standard dampers?

Which suspension set up?

• Eibach Pro Kit Audi Dampers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Eibach Pro Kit B6 Dampers

• Standard / Something else

• Total voters

OllieQS

Reaction score
I have recently bought a 2000 1.8T QS. I am really pleased with the car, its done 100k with full history, mainly Audi and drives very well. I noticed the other day that the rear sits slightly higher at one side than the other maybe 20mm. Looking through the service history a rear spring has been changed and I suspect they fitted a non sport one in error.

Doing a search it seems sport springs are hard to come by and expensive so I have been looking at an Eibach Pro Kit which I have used before on other cars and I was looking at changing the dampers at the same time. The ride does feel fine but I suspect after 100k they will be getting tired.

Could anyone who has this sort of set up let me know of any issues or advice on which way to go with it? I still want to retain as much ride quality as possible and do not want the car too low.

Also do I go for Bilstein B6 or B8??

Thanks in advance! :thumbsup:

Bilstein have recently released a "B12 Prokit" product, which combines B8 dampers and Pro-kit springs.

Its cheaper than buying them seperate too.

Just make sure you get the kit designed for 995kg front axle weight and not the kit for 1040kg. For some reason eibach list a kit as 1.8T with Airconditioning as requiring the 1040kg springs, but they're really designed for a V6, so you end up with stupid stance.

I have Eibach Pro-Kit springs, and Pro-system dampers on my car, and IMO they're perfect. They're actually more comfortable than the stock suspension, but the car handles better and sits spot on. Eibach dont make the Pro-system dampers any more, so the B12 Prokit would be my suggestion.

Would this be the kit to go for in a W reg 2,8Q then? Or for that is there a better one?

IMO its perfect for a road car. It doesnt compromise on ride comfort, it improves handling, and gives a nice ride height thats not so low as to have you scraping over every speedbump, but low enough that it looks good.

Thanks for that info. where is the best place to buy and how much for the complete kit, four springs and shocks.

Full kit is about 550. Phil Walker was doing a deal on them recently, not sure if hes on here though, might need to get him on AudiSRS.