Survey on Cold Air Intakes for A4 1.8T's

for all the people living in Scotland where is is SO warm all the time, why not route your aircon round the air intake /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

Gammba, any test back from that CAI? I have yet to see any gains from a CAI and I have seen actuall loss in power. Be very carefull with CAI's, you would be wiser to spend your money on a good exhaust and a fmic.

[ QUOTE ]
wal said:
Gammba, any test back from that CAI? I have yet to see any gains from a CAI and I have seen actuall loss in power. Be very carefull with CAI's, you would be wiser to spend your money on a good exhaust and a fmic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wal,

I can confirm that intake temps have remained about the same maybe a 1 or 2 degree drop, but air flow is definately up, so there can be no doubt that the CAI I'm running is less restrictive than standard and therefore has some performance gains. Check out the group buy section and see some of the results taken by Rich who's selling them, and when I get round to it I'll be putting up some results of standard versus CAI temps and air flow....ideally I would love to see if a rolling road would show any power or torque gains.

In all of this don't forget the thing looks gorgeous under the hood! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif