superkarls overhaul

Is this mapped yet or is it still gay?
right you've had your payback now with everyone joining in!

just to give an update, here he is as he stands now:
P81203002-2.jpg

and its current spec:
Suspension / BrakingAp coilovers
LCR top mounts
Fully poly bushed
R32 rear anti roll bar
Stainless adjustable tie bars
brembo pads

Engine / DrivetrainBadger5 V2 TIP
Jetex FR-08001
Stainless heatshield
3" air feed
NGK iridium plugs
oil catch can
N249 bypass
Forge short shifter
3 inch downpipe and decat
custom FMIC (wellycooler)
Milltek non res slash cut

Wheels & TyresB5 RS4 rep wheels
TPI wheel spacers. 15+20mm
Falken FK452

InteriorLED lighting
S3 mats

Other Mods and GadgetsChrome mirrors
Window tints
LCR splitter
black grill

now i WAS going to get it mapped, however that would involve me getting a clutch and a new DV aswell.
but, due to change in some of my circumstances mods have ceased for now.
then, my plan i think will be to buy a new engine and rebuild that and swap the lot over.

in the end i would like:
AGU large port engine and higher comp pistons
built with rods
head refurbed with new guides, maybe do some porting and polishing
clutch
cambelt
pumps
DV
followed by a map to see a nice, reliable, and smile inducing car.

but for now, it remains gay :superman:

Reactions: GvZ
looking good super k, saw it at audis in the park and looked lovely!

P81203002-2.jpg

in the end i would like:
AGU large port engine and higher comp pistons
built with rods
head refurbed with new guides, maybe do some porting and polishing
clutch
cambelt
pumps
DV
followed by a map to see a nice, reliable, and smile inducing car.
And not to forget the fcn trailing arm bushes!!

but for now, it remains gay :superman:

Nice....;)

dont worry dani, staceys isnt fast for long when it melts through its boost pipe every 2 miles. Prawns doesnt even have a *** engine, and freds floods itself with wmi.

And reesy's car is "double denim blue"

Good points mate, least are's are running and on the road :) haha.

been a busy week getting the car respectable for adi, despite this being the cars last outing before being garaged and rebuilt.

as you may know i've had trouble with rear toe in and its eaten 4 sets of tyres over the last 18months or so, and because im a ****** i put off putting the trailing arm bushes in, so i did that on the drive the other day:
PA070135.jpg

PA070139.jpg

not a hard job, just have to be careful. i snapped a brake line the first time i tried it, hence putting it off.

the effects of too much toe in:
PA070137.jpg

PA070142.jpg

outer tyre wear.

whilst i changed these bushes i took out the adjusters on the rear coils, lowered it a good 8mm, which tb h it needed.
PA070140.jpg

PA070141.jpg

today my AEB head arrived.
needs a skim tho:
PA120143.jpg

PA120144.jpg

slight dents in all 4 corners, has a little lip on it.

PA120147.jpg

will give the head a quick clean, totally strip it. and clean thoroughly.
i have a BAM head in the garage aswell, which will be my practice head for porting and polishing, just thought id try it, why not eh. il be asking andrew for some tips.
then if im ok at it, il smooth the AEB head out, give it a little tickle here and there, just for the hell of it.
il rebuild the head with new valve stem seals, just for insurance.

also gave the car a wash the other day. its been raining tho so theres already a bit of grime
PA120149.jpg

had new rear tyres fitted yesterday.
and alignment checked this morning, toe in is improved, but still present. My mate told me it shouldnt cause too much trouoble as it is now. time will tell.

after lowering the rear, i raised the front too. did have a little bit of positive rake but now its dead level.
ride heights from floor to arches are:
F: 622mm 622mm
R: 635mm 635mm
so nice and even. yes i am that ocd, had a tape measure out and everything.

cant wait for the track :)

today my AEB head arrived.
needs a skim tho:
PA120143.jpg

PA120144.jpg

slight dents in all 4 corners, has a little lip on it.

PA120147.jpg

will give the head a quick clean, totally strip it. and clean thoroughly.
i have a BAM head in the garage aswell, which will be my practice head for porting and polishing, just thought id try it, why not eh. il be asking andrew for some tips.
then if im ok at it, il smooth the AEB head out, give it a little tickle here and there, just for the hell of it.
il rebuild the head with new valve stem seals, just for insurance.

Don't forget my guide

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-...er-head-work-ie-porting-polish-gasflowed.html

If you need help then just pm me but as with any head work its hard trying to tell you were the work is need unless your stud next to me so i can show you on a head

Don't forget my guide

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-...er-head-work-ie-porting-polish-gasflowed.html

If you need help then just pm me but as with any head work its hard trying to tell you were the work is need unless your stud next to me so i can show you on a head
cheers andrew, i have that guide saved.
i think as long as i know the DO NOTS il be ok. but i wont be getting too into it, especially on the aeb head il be using. maybe il try and go crazy on the BAM head and can send you the odd pic.

its just ever since i saw the work you've done i was like wow. i appreciate the hours that go into little details like this, so thought id try it myself.

Nice mate, you didnt tear any brake lines this time? lol.

been a busy week getting the car respectable for adi, despite this being the cars last outing before being garaged and rebuilt.

as you may know i've had trouble with rear toe in and its eaten 4 sets of tyres over the last 18months or so, and because im a ****** i put off putting the trailing arm bushes in, so i did that on the drive the other day:
PA070135.jpg

PA070139.jpg

not a hard job, just have to be careful. i snapped a brake line the first time i tried it, hence putting it off.

I need to change these on mine I think... did you undo the the whole mounting bracket to gain access to the bush bolt? only ever done rear beam bushes which are of course a little different to our lovely quattro's :D

<tuffty/>

yes.
mounting bracket is 4 bolts. then its secured through the bush with 1 bolt.
once i got the mounting bracket off the bush i mounted it back up to the car to get it out the way, it has the brake line mount on it so i thought best get it out the way to save making the same mistake twice and snapping a line.
plus as you can see, the bush is really accessible.

and to add, anyone thinking of doing these bushes, or even not doing these bushes, DO THEM. vastly improves the feel of the car. I compare it to fitting the R32 arb, its that good.

Looks great karl! FMIC looks nice though! i want one.. and a downpipe! Insurance has been cheaper this year so leaves me with abit of change for a DP and SC!

And those trailing arm bushes, how did you press them out? Just thought id let you know, because of you, I bought myself a downpipe and sports cat! Was gonna fit it myself but I have no space anywhere to do it!! But if I end up doing it myself, how did you connect the decat pipe to the cat back? Need to update my own thread tbh but i'll wait till I get some pics and work done :D

i drilled the trailing arm bushes a couple of times right at the edge and they literally just pushed out with little force.
the bushes are weird, they arent encased in alloy like say the wishbone ones, they're plastic, so real easy to remove and refit.

as for the DP decat, you'l need a decent 2.5 inch clamp to join the 2.
Millteks come with them, might wana buy one of those aswell :thumbsup:

Think I'll add these to the list of rear bushes to do then. Looks pretty easy based on what you've said. Would it also be a good time to do the rear lines to braided?

do you really or are you just taking the **** because its a 'slow3'?

No, genuinely!

I like how well you document everything with pics at every single stage, makes for interesting reading, and with all your suspension posts I get to see stuff I don't play with so often, like the IRS on the S3

Also, as much as I take the ****, your approach of making it a complete car, with handling, braking, and cooling mods and the like before a remap, is a FAR better approach than just going for POWAH, then retrospectively upgrading the rest to catch up with the power.

You'll end up with a better car at the end of it :)

One hundred and fifty three thousand two hundred and three miles.

Thats how lomg my car lasted before blowing piston rings.
At least thats what we think thus far.

Ahhh well, apocolypse tomoro anyway. See ya