Super Sports Seats

You like a good moan don't you - but it does make for entertaining reading :)

Having owned TT's for 6 years I have rarely heard of TT owners complaining about the seats to the degree that you suggest.
How long did you own your more expensive TTRS for out of interest ... we never did see a picture of it - any chance of posting a photo as the TTRS are really great cars with a superb engine.

The TT's do not have adjustable thigh bolsters as the seat bases are already extended in length, so this should compensate.
The A3's and S3's have adjustable seat bases for extra length but they have no upwards adjustment - just forwards & backwards and the super sports seats are the same.

So sounds like you may be out of luck.

The Super Sport Seat bases are identical to the regular S3 seat bases ... so you you may have to re-think buying an S3 as you mention if the seats are a deal breaker - and reason you got shut of your TTRS.

Agreed with this, just checked my SSS and they only adjust in length...

I did think however that you were originally enquiring about the support for the outer thigh area rather than underneath, that's what I meant by poor in comparison to the 8P buckets, they don't hold your legs into place away from the centre console grab handles etc...

Wrong, with the SSS you can adjust the thigh support upwards, there's a lever on the front right hand side!

I think this lever just tilts the angle of the seat rather than lift the thigh support, but could have a similar effect dependant on how you sit in your seat.
Standard seats do this too.

Did you get your cables yet mate?
Should be arriving any day now.

Yes mate thanks a lot for that, sorry forgot to message you and thank you! Didn't realise there was a USB cable too which has come in very handy!

Reactions: CraigI
You like a good moan don't you - but it does make for entertaining reading :)

Having owned TT's for 6 years I have rarely heard of TT owners complaining about the seats to the degree that you suggest.
How long did you own your more expensive TTRS for out of interest ... we never did see a picture of it - any chance of posting a photo as the TTRS are really great cars with a superb engine.

The TT's do not have adjustable thigh bolsters as the seat bases are already extended in length, so this should compensate.
The A3's and S3's have adjustable seat bases for extra length but they have no upwards adjustment - just forwards & backwards and the super sports seats are the same.

So sounds like you may be out of luck.

The Super Sport Seat bases are identical to the regular S3 seat bases ... so you you may have to re-think buying an S3 as you mention if the seats are a deal breaker - and reason you got shut of your TTRS.

I've had a TTS as well, more of a girls car than the RS, but I liked it. I think having owned that RS for two years and the TTS for a year and half before that I know what the seats look like - you see when I drove the car I had to sit in them. Interesting that you seem to have deduced that I sold my RS as it had uncomfortable seats! The RS was leased through my wife's company and it was a two year term... Not even sure why I bother replying to people like you. There's always one on every forum who has a user name like snake pliskin or darth vader... still, very amusing for everyone else how you take the bait so easily. Don't worry, I am sure you'll find your dummy at some point :applaus:

Wrong, with the SSS you can adjust the thigh support upwards, there's a lever on the front right hand side!

Thanks for that - exactly the answer I was looking for. Much appreciated. :thumbsup: I'd seen pictures of the SSS with the front cushion looking like it was adjusted upwards. I had a chat with the sales guy who's dealing with my order and he is adamant that I will not have a problem getting comfortable in those seats. If not, well, I still have my little cushion if I need it :yes:

Reactions: geefunk1978
Thanks for that - exactly the answer I was looking for. Much appreciated. :thumbsup: I'd seen pictures of the SSS with the front cushion looking like it was adjusted upwards. I had a chat with the sales guy who's dealing with my order and he is adamant that I will not have a problem getting comfortable in those seats. If not, well, I still have my little cushion if I need it :yes:

You will definitely NOT have a problem getting comfortable in the SSS, they are one of the best seats I have ever sat in and are very adjustable. I had the buckets in my 8P S3 and although they were very good seats and very supportive, they were rock hard and a bit too aggressive for every day driving I think. I am so glad I chose the SSS as the standard seats looked a bit too plain and the same as what you get in an A3 TDI S-Line which aren't special enough IMO!

Reactions: Johnnyb
I've had a TTS as well, more of a girls car than the RS, but I liked it. I think having owned that RS for two years and the TTS for a year and half before that I know what the seats look like - you see when I drove the car I had to sit in them. Interesting that you seem to have deduced that I sold my RS as it had uncomfortable seats! The RS was leased through my wife's company and it was a two year term... Not even sure why I bother replying to people like you. There's always one on every forum who has a user name like snake pliskin or darth vader... still, very amusing for everyone else how you take the bait so easily. Don't worry, I am sure you'll find your dummy at some point :applaus:

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeee-sus ........ hostile or what !

No need to resort to personal attacks, totally inappropriate and not the 'community spirit' of this forum.

Reactions: Battlekrapz and cemerson