Super bright white Number plate lights

Chris6t9

Reaction score
Got all my interior and exterior bulbs replaced by trups a little while back (thanks mate) however the number plate lights just dont cut it for me.

Currently each light does part of the number plate leaving a black gap in the middle when its dark.

Does anyone know of anywhere that i can pick up a set of really really bright white error free ones?

Got some OEM LED's on mine which are good. Depends on year of car whether they'll be error free though.

Get the audi a8 ones i have them in mine about £49 but wicked mate way better than the cheap bulbs off ebay

£49?!

When I got mine from Audi, they were less than £20 for both.

£40 i meant sorry im on my phone i think they were £36-£40 something like that but way better than ebay cheaps

TPS mate will get you part number tomorrow if i come on forum unless someone beats me to it

Part numbers are 4H0 943 021 and 4H0 943 022​, one for the left side and one for the right. Originally fitted on the A5 cab.

Can also buy them from Audi.

That's not your real number plate is it? The letters look like they've been drawn by hand!
haha drawn by hand its been made by a number plate place the letters are just BOLD so technically illegal but only been pulled 3 times for it and i said if you wnna give me a fine give it because i aint broke so they didnt give me one lol also never been pulled in derby for plate only out of town

haha drawn by hand its been made by a number plate place the letters are just BOLD so technically illegal but only been pulled 3 times for it and i said if you wnna give me a fine give it because i aint broke so they didnt give me one lol also never been pulled in derby for plate only out of town

But the last letter looks smaller than the others. Fair play - your car but spoils the back imo.

Love you tellin the cops you ain't broke :)

Be careful the police don't report you to DVLA, they will take the number plate off you.

Really want pressed plates but cant find anyone in derby that does them, but not been pulled for a while now so its fine

pressed plates on ebay for £20 a pair ish

edit just noticed the lights on ebay are inc the housings so ordered those. top job cheers lads!

Did you have lights turned on with neither bulb connected? I got a light too but reset with vcds and all was OK.

Last edited:
pressed metal plates are illegal. You will also be reported for those aswell lol

yes they are, because metal is not classed as a reflective material. regardless what you put on it to be shiny, it has to be originally reflective.
Check on internet, people have had responses from DVLA saying the exact same.
It doesn't matter is a seller says 100% legal or have the regulations sign thing, because they wont get the blame because its on your car.

But there is a very thin line of rules regarding this, as they dont say what the plate has to be made out of, so in theory as long as it complies with the amount of direct light reflections it should be ok. But as i said before metal isnt reflective.

BUT saying this, long as the spacing, font and size of the plate is the same, i really DOUBT anyone would be pulled over.

FAQs

clear as mud lol. dubmeister seem to comply to this.

well its got a point. But i still think its a very thin line.

However i would deffo have pressed plates on my car :p

caus its illegal? :p

anyway BACK to LED's!

I bought these and they work great with no errors
Audi A3 S3 8P/8PA License Number Plate LED Light Bulbs | eBay

They aren't illegal if you purchase them from the correct companies though :think:

In terms of the LED lights- there are many out there that work error free; but the OP was asking about LED lights that will light up the complete number plate and not leave a small dark patch in the middle.

So do the ones in that ebay link you use provide bright light across the whole rear plate leaving no dark patches?