1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sunroof switch question

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Sid-84, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Sid-84

Sid-84 New Member

Well basically I'm looking to add ambient lighting but having a sunroof and black roof liner makes things a little tricky when searching for a used light unit. At the moment mine looks like this
    [​IMG]
    And one that's cropped up looks like this
    [​IMG]
    My question is that I don't particularly like the two switch version and want to know if its possible to add my 'dial' switch off my old light unit? As you can see the two sunroof buttons on the new unit are surrounded by the 'dial' shape circle so would this just cut out for the dial slot into?
    i hope u understand all that lol..
    Thanks
  2. Acheron

Acheron Member

Shouldn't need any cutting, mate. The switch is already seperate from the surrounding trim so in theory if yours is the same size you should have no problem swapping the two around.
  3. MrLapou

MrLapou Well-Known Member

I think the rocker switch is in such a stupid place.. have feel around with fingers to find it. Been better if it was on the row of buttons below the radio.
    Perhaps the rotary switch is easier to use.
  4. Sid-84

Sid-84 New Member

Thanks that's all I needed to know.. I just think the rotary switch is more practical and looks better imo. Thanks :)