Sunroof switch question

Sid-84

Reaction score
Well basically I'm looking to add ambient lighting but having a sunroof and black roof liner makes things a little tricky when searching for a used light unit. At the moment mine looks like this
F13B591E-C2B7-4D0C-B3E9-6343DE06A416-540-000000280ACA5FE3.jpg

And one that's cropped up looks like this
735FBDB0-3A62-4813-8624-5AD28BD3C634-4338-000004C7BBDD7794.jpg

My question is that I don't particularly like the two switch version and want to know if its possible to add my 'dial' switch off my old light unit? As you can see the two sunroof buttons on the new unit are surrounded by the 'dial' shape circle so would this just cut out for the dial slot into?
i hope u understand all that lol..
Thanks

Shouldn't need any cutting, mate. The switch is already seperate from the surrounding trim so in theory if yours is the same size you should have no problem swapping the two around.

I think the rocker switch is in such a stupid place.. have feel around with fingers to find it. Been better if it was on the row of buttons below the radio.
Perhaps the rotary switch is easier to use.

Thanks that's all I needed to know.. I just think the rotary switch is more practical and looks better imo. Thanks :)

Bumping this old thread.

Installed a rotary type switch today but it doesn't seem to work. Only pushing and pulling works like before.
Any hints as to what I am missing here?