Summer wheels for S3 Sport back

_Zerocool_

Reaction score
I know its a couple of months off but I'm looking at summer tyres and wheels.

I've currently got silver finish twin spoke sline wheels and Dunlop winter sport 4Ds on my silver S3 BE sportback.

I was just going to change the tyres but I think that this can damage the tyres if you keep swapping between winter and summer tyres.

Anyway it would be pretty handy to have two sets of wheels and it would be good to put some black edition wheels on to match the car.

I'm pretty set on the titanium (BE) version of the ones I've already got Black Edition < Specifications < TT Roadster < TT < Models

Does anyone know if 19s would fit on the 8P S3 without it rubbing or effecting the ride? If so what size (width) would I need and what tyre size would I need to run. If it'd be a problem I'll stick with 18s

Also what do people think about replicas? My current ones are genuine and I don't really like the idea of putting replicas on but I'd much rather pay £500 than the £2.5k that audi charge. The other plan would be to get some 2nd hand gen ones from ebay and have them re done ( I suppose I could even look at a set of silver ones and have them changed to titanium???)

Cheers!

are you lowered? if your not then 19's will fit fine im sure. but they are going to be slightly less comfort than 18's.

No its not lowered. The whole car is standard. I just read somewhere that 19s were ok on the 3dr but not the sportback? any idea on the actual size I'd need if I were to go for 19s? Thanks

no sorry I'm going to keep them for my winter wheels and the ones I was looking at above aren't available in the colour I want now so back to the drawing board :(

Just fitted the rs4 10 v spoke 19" wheels. Fresh look for the ride for sure.

Old rs4 style 18"

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393571790883126

New rs4 style 19"

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393571835266291ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393571844704884ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393571868730314ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393571884685681

Reactions: Jay.Ing and Ironborn
I run genuine RS3 19" Rotors which are ET50 and 8J with 235/35/19 tyres all round with no rubbing whatsoever.

I wouldn't want to try a lower offset or spacers on the rear though.

Reactions: andyhough
They do look fresh Hoesty. I'd change the centre caps to audi ones but they still look mint. Are they gen Vws or a replica?
I'd love a set of gen 19 RS3s Muz but they're really expensive new and harder to find second hand or restored than I thought. Are the front and rear wheels different widths or are they all the same? Where did you get yours from?

They do look fresh Hoesty. I'd change the centre caps to audi ones but they still look mint. Are they gen Vws or a replica?
I'd love a set of gen 19 RS3s Muz but they're really expensive new and harder to find second hand or restored than I thought. Are the front and rear wheels different widths or are they all the same? Where did you get yours from?

There are audi rs4 reps but store had VW caps on. All changed to audi caps of course ;)

I was considering rs3 reps but lotta audis have em in my city. Rs3 ttrs reps in 19" are around. $1100AUD, that's pretty good down here. I got the rs4 19" reps for $899AUD which is a considered bargain

You can get away going down to ET44.....My BBS CK's are 19's with ET44 and rubbed slightly when fully loaded and going over bad bumps. Removing the rear wheel arch liner screw stopped this. It only used to rub when there were people in the back but not anymore.

Reactions: Hoesty
Its all a bit confusing. I thought 19s were 19s but now I have to make sure I get the right offset and width?! Ok would 19s 8.5j et48 be ok?

Walts you are an actual legend! :friends:

How on earth have I missed these. Been looking all day!

Perfect, bought!

Reactions: Walts2782
I don't suppose anyone has got pictures of a silver S3 with those black edition TTS style wheels on?

Its all a bit confusing. I thought 19s were 19s but now I have to make sure I get the right offset and width?! Ok would 19s 8.5j et48 be ok?

thats the fit and its flush without need for spacer. you need gunmetal

Reactions: Hoesty
I can't find any on a silver s3. plenty on black and blue ones and silver TTs

I don't mind em on silver paint. But not on black paints. Sits well with the black grilles and dark tint.

I went for the twin spoke RS4 style black edition ones as above Hoesty, not the black rotors. I prefer them and I think they will last better not having the diamond cut finish

These ones 18" Audi Black Edition Alloy Wheels Alloys Rims A3 A4 Volkswagen Seat Skoda | eBay

Nice choice. I actually have these with tyres for sale here in Australia haha. It's more of a gunmetal colour than black though. They came optional on my A3 which I'm trying to sell.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393936823704481

These are my 18" rs4 reps matte black. Matte black touch up paint really works well when shattering gutter rash.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393936910965468

Post some pics once you fit em :)

That's it, they're just called 'black edition' they're actually called 'titanium' in colour by audi. Fingers crossed they'll look ok. I have the silver version on the S3 now. Now need to sort tyres. I'm thinking Pilot P3s.

My bro is living out in aus in Melborne at the moment. He bought a Mk6 Golf this week. Tried to convince him to get an S3 but he wasn't having any of it.

I'm considering a move out there myself.

Nice to have a couple sets to play with. Can even powder coat em
if you really wanna. Rs4 titanium colour looks good on most colours I reckon. Should be all Gucci.

Haha. I live in melb, might see him around the city streets.
Coulda bought my A3, why did he have to take the golf haha

Most liveable city so why not move here :)

Thanks, I hope so. I think they've already been powder coated.

Hes got a white 5dr GTI and the reg is GTI something... Unless it has GTI, R, RS or S in it he wouldn't have been interested lol.

Yeah I've looked at transferring to Victoria PD but they're not taking uk applicants at the moment and it all looks very complicated with getting points and citizenship etc...

Thanks, I hope so. I think they've already been powder coated.

Hes got a white 5dr GTI and the reg is GTI something... Unless it has GTI, R, RS or S in it he wouldn't have been interested lol.

Yeah I've looked at transferring to Victoria PD but they're not taking uk applicants at the moment and it all looks very complicated with getting points and citizenship etc...

I've seen em on silver looks good. :)
Haha, who knows might come across him. If he ever comes across a black golf r with plates VPACKA that's my mates runnin stage 2 w/ carbon fibre hood, turns heads all the time. So beast.

Hopefully some positions will open up soon for ya. Just don't become highway patrol lol

Cool. Sounds like a monster, I'll tell him to keep an eye out. Let me know if you hear of any jobs. PD or otherwise...

The wheels arrived. Damaged, terrible refurb. sent back, keeping current wheels. Revo Remap instead...

Ah mate I'm gutted for ya......sounds like you have my luck.

If your still looking there is a possibility that I may be getting rid of mine. The wheels are in good condition, some very very minor marks but i have serious OCD and have been fine with them :thumbsup:

Have a look at some of my recent threads cos they have just been detailed and drop me a PM if interested buddy.