1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestions needed; places to legally play around with the car...

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by jdas03, Dec 6, 2010.

1. jdas03

jdas03 Member

Not sure if this is the right place to post it but as the 8L bit of the forum is obviously best i thought id ask here...

Anyways i am wondering if anyone knows of any empty airfields or airfield circuits you can go for a play around with the car, I don't want to pay track day money so wondering if anyone knew of either any free ones or ones that charge a small fee, say under 80quids!

I have a mate with a clio 200 cup and i want to show him whats what in a safe and legal place ;-)

Im in the south/ south east so preferably around there, but other areas welcome for the benefits of others :)

Any suggestions would be great!
  2. sportstractor

sportstractor Chugger Regional Rep

unlikely mate, most people dont want there airfields being ripped up. So the ones that are about wont be public knowledge
  3. ScottD3

ScottD3 I want your faulty electronics

western zoiland in somerset mate.
    The air filed is split up now and owned by a couple of people.

My mate use to host drift days there but stopped.
    I've been there for drag days and a couple of other events.
    Do a google search and something should come up.
  4. Westy

Westy Double Dark Side! Diesel & 8P

You can get public days at Northweald Airfield Just off the M11 near Harlow Essex. There is a guy who will teach you how to control your car in skids and teach you how to drift etc, not sure on prices though.
  5. jdas03

jdas03 Member

Thanks for that guys, shame there isn't anywhere really. Ill have a look at those mentioned and otherwise book up another track day :-D
  6. S3KO4

S3KO4 Member

You can show him at santa pod. I would avoid twist and trurns with smaller/lighter cars for good reasons :) unleess you have sorted out the boat ride.
  7. jdas03

jdas03 Member

haha no i haven't at all, yer i suppose i should watch for the twistys with that! that clio does certainly do one thing well and thats handle! regardless what i threw at the S3 to sort out the boating i doubt i could take that on round anything too twisty!
    Does have a damn hard ride though that clio, not good for the long journeys!
    Nice straight track or indeed santa pod it is then!