1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestions for Symphony 2 replacement

Discussion in 'In-Car Entertainment' started by rowansbank, Sep 18, 2006.

1. rowansbank

rowansbank Member

We recently bought a 2005 A3 Sport fitted with the Symphony 2 (but without Bose). I have had a Blaupunkt Woodstock 52 DAB in my other motor and, although it's not perfect (**** display, wobbly front panel and reluctant with the MMC card) the DAB is great. So I'd like to replace the Symphony with a DAB unit (preferably the Woodstock 54) but as there are no double DIN DAB HUs, I would be grateful for suggestions as to what to "fill the gap" with. I was thinking about an in-dash single DIN sat nav but can't see much point in a CD player with the Woodstock's ability to play mp3 on CDs.
    Any thoughts much appreciated.

Rowansbank

2. easytease

easytease cheesypeas

is the alpine double din not compatible with the DAB plug-in unit they do?

IMO you cant go wrong with a becker mexco pro

3. rowansbank

rowansbank Member

Thanks for that but unfortunately Car Audio Discount list the Alpine DAB tuner as discontinued and a search of the Alpine website on 'DAB' gets zero results. The Becker Mexico looks great but doesn't seem to have DAB.
    I was thinking of an in-dash single-DIN sat nav and the Blaulunkt TravelPilot would fit with the Woodstock styling - does anyone have any views on that please?

4. rowansbank

rowansbank Member

I've been doing some more research and found a double DIN HU - Kenwood DPX701U - and a compatible DAB tuner - Kenwood KTC-9090. Does anyone have any experience of/comments on either please?
    TIA

5. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Makes for quite an expensive solution.
    £350 just for the DAB tuner? I got my DAB54 HU & aerial for less than that all in. Can't understand why the tuner would be more expensive than the HU.

6. rowansbank

rowansbank Member

Thanks, Andy. I quite agree but the attraction is that it solves the double DIN problem and preserves a uniform style. The other alternative would be the Woodstock 54 plus the Blaupunkt indash sat nav - TravelPilot Rome, I think it is. Anybody any views on that please?