Sudden hesitation on DSG/ Engine

Banwell

previously LeeS3
Reaction score
Okay get this every so often.

Reminded me of the old coil pack failure.

Essentially the car sudders, there's a loss of power, ECU light comes on, and then car sudden comes back to life. (all in the space of a matter of moments)

Any one else had this?

Its happens usually while on the throttle.

Had audi tech check over the car, and he said no fault codes had been logged. SO he could not do do anything. He'd did mention about lamba sensor failures being common on the 3.2? And asked about what fuel I was running.

Obviously I only run Optimax, but had tried Ultimate recently.

Anyway it happened again yesterday - first time for a while. I am wondering if its down to 'off/duff' optimax from certain garages.

I had it happen a couple of times, and what-ever it is that controls the air mass was faulty... they blamed it on dodgy fuel the first time.

did it throw up any fault codes? I thought it might be the fuel regulator.. Seems like the R32s had a problem with it.

The MAF if it starts to fail can cause that type of behaviour, it typically doesn't throw an error code until its totally knackered.

Coil packs problems usually throw codes pretty quickly.

Fuel quality problems can cause that sort of behaviour usually when there is water in the tank.

Problem solving this sort of thing is a matter of elimination if codes haven't been thrown.

never happened to mine, but mine has the new REVO installed, and its a different beast /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

S_Line, do you have a handy URL for a Revo comparison with the normal 3.2? The sites I've found don't have data for the 3.2.

the 3.2 REVO is very new and im not sure if they have any comparrisons avaiable yet, REVO have just updated the Map MK111 at the moment and im popping down to Clives to have the latest Map Installed next week.