1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Such a shame they only fit a cab!

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by Marc1, Apr 7, 2009.

1. Marc1

Marc1 Member

[Apr 7, 2009]
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 18, 2014]

3. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Apr 7, 2009]
    Didn't sell for £200.
  4. JamesS4cab

JamesS4cab Well-Known Member

[Apr 9, 2009]
    Would have been worth it just to split - i need a new centre console as well!!
  5. 1wheelonly

1wheelonly cabriolet VCDS Map User

[Apr 9, 2009]
    there relisted now and still no bidders
  6. maxvw

maxvw Member

[Apr 16, 2009]
    i ended up buying this thinking i would change my grey interior over to black,however after comparing the 2 colours i am going to stick with grey,i have however stripped both sets of seats down and used my covers on the electric the seats and put the black covers on my original none electric seats,so if anyone wants a cabriolet black none electric interior for only a couple of hundred quid give me a shout,there is carpet,centre console,dash,seats,doorcards,glovebox and from what i can see most interior plastic trims.
  7. sebbelcher

sebbelcher Member

[Apr 16, 2009]
    Clever idea. I'm not sure what you ended up paying for them but I'm sure it was a damn sight cheaper than Audi would have charged for 2 fully elec seats.

How difficult was it to repalce the covers? Was there any stitching/gluing involved?
  8. maxvw

maxvw Member

[Apr 16, 2009]
    quite easy job to be honest,bit fiddly but everything comes apart easy enough with no stitching or gluing required anywhere,just got to figure out the wiring now for the" easy entry"switch and jobs a goodun! any idea how the easy entry works?on the manual seats when you tip the back the base slides forwards to give the access but on these electric ones the lever just tilts the back,there is a 2 way switch beneath the lever which i am guessing just moves the seat forward electricaly?
  9. dansansome

dansansome Member VCDS Map User

[Apr 17, 2009]
  10. maxvw

maxvw Member

[Apr 17, 2009]
    fantastic,thanks.going of that there is some kind of control module in dash,(J285 -
    Control unit in dash panel insert)plus mention of connecting into can bus...........wonder if it can just be wired straight into forward/backward switch on the seat base,the end result would be just the same wouldnt it,ie.to slide the base forward or backward?
  11. dansansome

dansansome Member VCDS Map User

[Apr 18, 2009]
    i wouldnt like to advise you either way on that, as i dont know.

i know my electric seats move forward and backwards using that switch, ONLY while the doors are open, and after the seat has been moved forward, the seat will automatically stop at the same position it was moved from. i think this is where the control module/can bus interface would come in.

kufatec seem to do quite a lot of seat harnesses, but not sure which one you might need.

good luck!
  12. maxvw

maxvw Member

[Apr 18, 2009]
    is the switch one touch operation or do you have to keep your finger on the switch?just checked on the kufatec site and could only find a*se warmer loom,dont suppose you have a link to the other looms do you as i cant see any.
  13. grim ree

grim ree Old-n-crumbly

[Apr 18, 2009]
    You have to hold the switch,forward or back
  14. maxvw

maxvw Member

[Apr 18, 2009]
    so i suppose it just wants wiring into the door light circuit so it will only work when the doors open,is there any sparks on here that can advise me?i am a mechanic by trade but useless on electrics and dont want to set my car on fire!!