Subframe bushes

boost-addict

@pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
Reaction score
Website
t.me
So i have a knock going forward to reverse. Turning left and right. Mid corner and parking. Is it possible its subframe mounts. I read one thread back from 2012. Said the knock was caused by subframe bushes
Ive done top mounts. Arb links new fl arm bushes and ball joints

Only thing left is inner and outer tie rods but theres no Movement. And steering rack and subframe

Is it possible something is loose on the rack? Or the arb bushes are shot.
Does the rack have bushes or is it hard mounted to the subframe
If i do subframe bushes any way.. Do you just replace the rear ones? Not seen front ones. Is solid ones a good idea? Or just go prosport?

Cheers

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Knock is intermittent not always happening in the same scenario. So may not knock going full lock or change of direction. Or mid corner... But generally will knock some how every time

I think this is a very common problem, and myself and my mate both have it. Really embarrassing, as it is loud, and people turn to look when it knocks. Unfortunately, we have both replaced everything possible on the front end, and he has recently had a new steering rack and subframe mount bushes. It still does it.

We have replaced (all front) - Anti roll bar links, Anti roll bar, Anti roll bar 'D' bushes, Steering rack, Steering rack bush, Driveshafts, Wishbones/bushes, Inner steering knuckles, Track rod ends, Top mounts, Springs, Shocks, Bottom Ball joints, Subframe bushes. There is nothing left to replace! Don't understand what else it could be.

I have absolutely the same symptoms with mine too, these knock sounds happen whenever they want... sometimes when i'm decelerating just before bumps and sometimes even without turning when i'm going straight from lights.

As above... Ive been pondering... Possible that its a wheel bearing? Or steering rack bolts come loose?.... Possible play in the rack

Come to think of it I had a ford focus with the same issue... The brass bushing that the rod comes out of both side in the rack was worn allowing movement

Thats next on my list i think

Well i have to have the car on jack stands tomorrow to replace the sump. So going to check the subframe bolts and steering rack bolts. But also jist ordered new coilovers and already have new bearings and top mounts.

If it dont stop after that... Itll be subframe bushes/rack and tie rods. If it still happens the car will be broken for parts as im not chasing a knock as it coukd well be chassis related