1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sub Power Amp Install

Discussion in 'In-Car Entertainment' started by linners, Oct 24, 2012.

  1. linners

    linners Member

    Oct 12, 2009
    Likes Received:

    I'm going to be picking up a 57 plate A6 Avant (C6) soon (non Bose) and want to use my Kenwood mono amp to drive a sub keeping the OEM MMI stereo setup (don't want to change the head unit). Is this possible? Is there a separate RCA pre-out for the existing sub? (I've noticed that there is a sub level control on the MMI)

  2. Advert Guest Advertisement

  3. Joe_Murphy21187

    Joe_Murphy21187 Tiptronic

    Jun 21, 2010
    Likes Received:
    If your C6 is anything like my B7 then you can either use a hi-lo converter (tapping into the speaker wires) to convert to an RCA, or the rear channels may already be pre-outs (to the rear amp) and just need tapping into and converting to RCA connectors. Hi-Lo converter is the most fail-safe way, doesn't matter if you have bose or not then, will still give you the volatge RCA output you're after. I did the same for my sub install

    Someone asked a similar question to this about the 5.0 HU, quick search should do you

Share This Page