1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SUB ISSUES

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by johnswales, Mar 18, 2010.

1. johnswales

johnswales Member

hi im wanting to change my standard sub in my b6 but dont want to change my standard headunit anyone hav any ideas what sub would sound right and so on thanks :jump:
  2. basspower

basspower Member

i had a fli trap sub in my old b6 but i had to get a different cd player as it wouldnt hook up to the standard one.
  3. Nutkin

Nutkin Member

you need a hi to low input converter for the amp then to run the power wire from front to back and you're done.

Im sure someones got the wiring diagram for the rear sub might be able to pick these wires off if they are allready low .
  4. simon.m

simon.m Active Member

are you just looking for a straight swop or do you want one in a box.
    im not sure on the box side of things as iv only put them in a car with new head unit and amps
    but im sure some thing like pioneer will do one to fit straight in where the old one is and then it should sound better plus
    no need to add any more wiers :icon_thumright:
  5. johnswales

johnswales Member

where can i get one of these converters and anyone no how to fit it all and will i be able to use my original audi radio
  6. johnswales

johnswales Member

does any one hav any pics of their subs to giv me an idea
  7. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

You don't need a converter, the pre-outs are already there at the stock amp.
    Here's the stealth sub I installed in our B6 Avant.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Fitting a different sub in the standard tupperware enclosure is definately not the answer, the enclosure is half the problem as it's pathetic and the amp would barely power a door speaker let alone a proper sub.
  8. johnswales

johnswales Member

hi i dnt wanna change my standard audi cd player though because aftermarket radios ruin the look of the dash and my radio doesnt hav amp conneters on the back of it any help thanks