Stupid car!

stu_m

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Just been woken up by a neighbour to say that my indicators are flashing on the car

This is the alarm but the siren is buggerd

Now the car won't unlock with the key fob when you press it the hazard warning light will light up but the car won't unlock at all I have tried to sync the fob with the car but still not working

Any ideas?

Battery is fine and the carpet is dry too also we have had very little rain here

I have also removed the gromets out the plenum chamber about A year ago

Reactions: CMD
scan for faults

That is the plan when I get home from work but the problem is that I only have the shareware of vagcom so I'm limited to What I can do and I'm not paying 100+ for a scan! I would rather save for it full version

Just after some pointers

look in the vagcom section for a member in your area with full VCDS

There isn't any I've looked!

I will try with mine to see if anything comes up if not I will be 250 quid lighter!

well ive had a look with the shareware version i have and this lot came up

1 Fault Found:
01463 - Alarm triggered by Sensor for anti-theft alarm System
43-00 - Closed

-------------------------------------

5 Faults Found:
01134 - Alarm Horn (H12)
49-00 - No Communications
01370 - Shareware Version. To Decode all DTCs
35-00 - Please Register/Activate
01369 - Shareware Version. To Decode all DTCs
01371 - Alarm triggered by Door Contact Switch; Driver's Side
35-00 - -
00955 - Shareware Version. To Decode all DTCs

i know about this one
01134 - Alarm Horn (H12)
49-00 - No Communications
its the sounder horn its never worked and has been disconnected for some time now

any help with the rest would be good

i can also see that my buttons on the key fob are working but not actually unlocking the door!

i have recently had some radio issues too where it crackles and goes off and have narrored that to wiring in the drivers door somewhere although the wiring that runs from the pillar to the door is fine and has had a repair in the past

stu

the rosstech wiki shows those faults are to do with bonnet catch, drivers door catch and ultrasonic sensors.
I would cear the faults and see what comes back.

00955 - Key 1 [h=3]00955 - Key 1: Adaptation Limit Surpassed[/h][h=4]Possible Symptoms[/h]
  • Key/Remote Control not operational
[h=4]Possible Causes[/h]
  • Key/Remote Control not matched
  • Key/Remote Control operated too often while Out of Range
[h=4]Possible Solutions[/h]

[h=3]00955 - Key 1: Lower Limit Exceeded[/h][h=4]Possible Symptoms[/h]
  • Key/Remote Control not operational
[h=4]Possible Causes[/h]
  • Key/Remote Control Battery low/faulty

cleared them and the only one that come back is 00955 - Key 1: Adaptation Limit Surpassed

it comes back straight away without touching anything i only have one key fob too so cant try another

but if i lock the car and wait for the alarm to set and hazard light to go out when i press unlock the hazard light comes on! the battery is pretty new two but will try another but im rather lost as i was out all day in it with no trouble yesterday!

Do you think this could be down to a wiring problem in the drivers door? I have just been out to the car and tried all the electrics on the drivers door and the window would not work

a wobble of the wiring and it started to work again

just seems a bit strange to me

fix the wiring in the door loom, it could be the source of your troubles

fix the wiring in the door loom, it could be the source of your troubles

Yeah that's the plan hopefully that's all it is I will report back next week when I get time to do it

bit of an update on this

the wiring was shot between the door and the door pillar i have made all the connections good so no crackle on the radio now it was loosing power to the door too so im thinking maybe it shorted out or something setting the alarm off???

although i still have no remote central locking the fob just wont seem to sync although when the car is locked and you press the fob the hazard warning light on the dash will illuminate!! but there is nothing on the doors

i also pulled the passenger seat out and checked for water and its bone dry opened up the box for the convenience module and it was dry and no signs of ever having a leak in that area although the box has been open before

i need a full vagcom really as im stuck without it and im not paying main stealer prices!!

were's about you live stu someone may live near by you !!! worth a mention

I live in Hull, yorkshire

i intend on buying full vagcom but im skint at the min its always when your skint something goes wrong!!

lol youve updated hull as your location it was empty earlier lol..... hopefully someone will pop up

yeah i know im forever telling people on my own forum to stick their location in and i fail to do my own on here :banghead:

added now though :salute:

Fixed

I disconnected the battery connected it back up and all is fine!