Stuck Radio Removal Key

abathingape

Reaction score
Hi,

Just as i'm about to trade in my Audi A4 this coming Friday, i've went and got the ****** radio removal keys stuck as I was wanting to remove my X-Car Link SD Card player!

I've managed to get the bottom left hand one out but the other 3 are still stuck and I think the top right one is in the wrong ****** way too. I put that one in with the curved side of the key facing away from the radio! :(

Can someone help!! Will Halfords be able to take this out or something?

I've tried sticking a credit card down the side but because of the design of the unit, it won't slide all the way down the side. I did remove the glove box and try to get up the side of it and press in the clips that hold the keys in but couldn't get near them :(

HELP

Remove the radio keys from the face by pressing in the locking tabs on the side of RNSE and pulling the key straight out.

Reactions: sidibear
Remove the radio keys from the face by pressing in the locking tabs on the side of RNSE and pulling the key straight out.

thanks, but I mentioned I couldn't get into the side to press the tabs lol

Removed this morning using brute force!

Reactions: D2NY G
thanks, but I mentioned I couldn't get into the side to press the tabs lol

Removed this morning using brute force!

That's exactly what I had to do last week (use brute force) when removing the cd multi-changer, and got the key stuck!
I put it down to the cheap set of removal keys I purchased from the bay!
Think I'll invest a few more pennys on a decent set.... slightly thicker, so that they don't get trapped and stuck.

I put it down to the cheap set of removal keys I purchased from the bay!

To be honest putting the keys in the wrong way around was the OP's problem - I did the same and they were a ****** to remove. In the right way and even my cheapo keys work just fine: with the radio out it is a piece of pee to remove the keys prior to slotting the radio back in.