1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stronic Gear display (without DIS) on A3 SE model?

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by mwardyrem, Dec 13, 2006.

1. mwardyrem

mwardyrem New Member

I have an A3 Sportback 170 stronic on order for March delivery. I test drove an S line model which displayed the selected gear in the DIS. In manuel mode, I found it useful/vital to know what gear I was in. However, I did prefer the SE spec and ordered without the DIS option.

Does the SE model display the selected Stronic gear?? If so, where?? If not, will I soon adapt and just 'know' the current gear (I have a confirmed week build and can no longer add the DIS)
  2. arthurfuxake

arthurfuxake Controversial & Contradictive

Is DIS(advanced DIS) not standard on SE models?

I think all audi have dis, the extra spec is an additional advanced DIS with a rocker switch on the wiper stalk. It has 2 memory functions. I don't think the gear indicators are part of advanced DIS, so they will be shown on yours even if no advanced DIS.
  3. ahaydock

ahaydock Member

I drove an SE the other day with no DIS - only displayed miles left on fuel if I remember rightly.
  4. h5djr

h5djr Well-Known Member

DIS is only standard on Sport/S-line and S3 models. It's a £235 option on SE and Standard models. Personally I think it's well worth the extra.
  5. ahaydock

ahaydock Member

Yep me too, having on my last 2 cars I don't think I would be without. If there's time add it to the spec!