Stronic (dsg) uprated clutch

Lee_s3.24

Reaction score
does anyone on here no if there is an uprated clutch for the dsg gearbox on the s3 ??

Yes there are from SSP and DSG Dokter.

What sort of torque are you looking at ?

Depends what sort of power you're looking to hold. Also, what engine software are you running?

Is it the gearbox or clutch which goes first?

I'll be finding out soon......

Well, I've based my response on a stock DQ250 clutch. I've heard of DQ250 gearboxes going with uprated clutches and custom software running north of 800bhp.

Reactions: S3Alex
Well, I've based my response on a stock DQ250 clutch. I've heard of DQ250 gearboxes going with uprated clutches and custom software running north of 800bhp.

The horsepower shouldn't be a problem but torque is the issue.
The DQ500 is good for over 550lbs on the stock clutch packs,and the ECU on mine allows a greater degree of torque ramping and control over gear cut times than the stock one will,plus I know Andy's already run his RS and mine to 550lbs.

The real problem comes from the much larger torque values possible with turbos like the 3582,and making that usable with destroying things.....

Have to see how long the clutchpacks last....

Last edited:
Reactions: Lee_s3.24
DSG Dokter (aka TVS Engineering) from Holland has race clutch kit which comes a core with race clutch discs installed and they have special Stage4 DSG software for this clutch.

2017 01 24 IMG 1725 2017 01 24 IMG 1726

Reactions: Lee_s3.24 and S3Alex
Nice. Seems a fair few things you can do for the dsg then. Whats standard in the s3... the dq250?

Yes there are from SSP and DSG Dokter.

What sort of torque are you looking at ?
Thanks Alex erm I'm not quite sure yet I was just wondering if there was a clutch pack for the dsg gearbox I did go over the tourque limit on the clutch you no

Thanks Alex erm I'm not quite sure yet I was just wondering if there was a clutch pack for the dsg gearbox I did go over the tourque limit on the clutch you no

I get it...there are a reasonable selection of choices from the ones above to suit most applications

Decked can give you some good advice.

Only just got the thing back.....read the main thread for a run down,but the way this thing integrates with the car is amazing.
The clutch pack so far is dealing with 550lbs on stock parts,and that's what Andy has on his 750bhp RS.

I can't speak for the DQ250,but this thing is truly superb.

Reactions: DeckedS3
Ah right ok... does the rs3 one fit straight into the s3?

Ah right ok... does the rs3 one fit straight into the s3?

Mechanically yes.

There's a pile of bits like driveshafts and mounts etc plus the loom,gear-lever and paddles and then the programming and interfacing.

Little bit of work then. Just wanted to know for whenever mine went haha

Little bit of work then. Just wanted to know for whenever mine went haha

@DeckedS3 and @grainqey are the people here to ask if you're doing it yourself.

Otherwise,Andy at Storm has done the complete manual to DSG conversion on mine,plus steering wheel,paddles,and DIS interfacing.

Reactions: grainqey
@DeckedS3 and @grainqey are the people here to ask if you're doing it yourself.

Otherwise,Andy at Storm has done the complete manual to DSG conversion on mine,plus steering wheel,paddles,and DIS interfacing.

Thanks Alex - it's a pretty straight forward swap if already dsg, though it's easier to do without the subframe on - the gearboxes drop straight out and go straight back in that way so makes it alot easier

Thanks Alex - it's a pretty straight forward swap if already dsg, though it's easier to do without the subframe on - the gearboxes drop straight out and go straight back in that way so makes it alot easier

That's great...mine obviously wasn't but I knew a man who could make it fit.

LOL! yours was a combination of mine, decked's swap and a syvecs ecu :p

What's great about all this is that it does give other members an information base,and the knowledge that even an 08 manual car can be converted to the newest DSG,albeit with a lot of work.

My engine still thinks it has the DQ250 as there's no coding option in the engine coding for the 7 speed - oh well :p the car knows what's attached haha!
By the looks of things, any of the 8P's can swap to the DQ500 also the diesels can use the RS3 box because there's only really 1st gear that works out as a different ratio and 7th on the diesel is slightly lower (tdi NZS 234mph vs RS3 241mph)