Strength and longevity upgrades :)

tankie2ndrtr

Reaction score
Hiya, Im happy with the speed+power or my S3, i would however like to spend some money on making it stronger and as reliable as i can.

I am Considering a FMIC for Intake temps but im not to clued up on the internal upgrades i can do.

Any recomendations ?

hi mate check out my grge nd look at my spec list and that will tell you what internal upgrades you can do!it aint cheap though!!!!

erm if you are going for just straight reliability the standard engine is pretty good anyway mate, according to AMD they r good for 330bhp on standard internals!it all depends on how safe you want to be!
Ive just comes across a knckered injector which has caused some sort of problem but getting the head off next week to find out!
As alot of people on here say, regularly do oil changes and keep getting regular servicing done(i do oil change every 4-5k and a service every 9-10k so it keeps the oil intervals the same!) and use vag-com every now and agin just to make sur no faults are occuring without the engine management light coming on!!!

Genral good care is enough mate and unless you wanna go big power then the engine spec on mine is pointless really! but if you have a spare 5k and you wanna make it reliable then go for mine lol!!!

Hiya, Im happy with the speed+power or my S3, i would however like to spend some money on making it stronger and as reliable as i can.

I am Considering a FMIC for Intake temps but im not to clued up on the internal upgrades i can do.

Any recomendations ?

Do you have any more info on your Hybrid Turbo, doesn't seem a popular mod for S3 owners, and reliablility of them is suspect. I think longevity of your engine is probably best done by yourself by warming up before going full throttle and cooling down the turbo after a spirited run. Also, regular servicing with high quality oil will add to that, the standard internals are pretty strong out the box as mentioned in a few posts above.

where do you stop adding for longevity...the list is endless and paved with opinions

Rods and valves are the main areas of concern but at your level of tune and unless you are running silly boost levels then you should be fine.

FMIC will give your a more noticable return for your money, no more pawer as such but you will be able to use what you have more effectively.

As most have already mentioned, regular oil/filter changes with decent oil will ensure longevity of the engine and the turbo coupled with proper warm up and run down procedures.

<tuffty/>