Street lighting

markos72

Reaction score
Am sick and tired of street lighting being on 24/7 in large parts of our town-why why why?????
Discuss!

Am sick and tired of street lighting being on 24/7 in large parts of our town-why why why?????
Discuss!

Now your lucky up there in Cumbernauld then, we have recently had our lamposts replaced in the last few weeks down here in Ayshire, and more often than not, they are not on or they have half on. There was nothing wrong with the lamposts that were there. The local company who replaced them said they were being replaced because they were 5 years old. What a waste of taxpayers money. My opinion on it is. If it aint broke, dont fix it. Rant over. :)

The street lighting is in the process of being replaced here at the mo-where I am the lighting is attached to the houses,and this is being replaced with new posts.

The street lighting is in the process of being replaced here at the mo-where I am the lighting is attached to the houses,and this is being replaced with new posts.

They are doing ours locally as well,takes a bit of getting used to as the lights are a lot brighter.....I wonder if T8ups sorted some leds for them ? :)

They've done ours as well down in Surrey. Replaced the old orangey sodium lights with a much brighter whiter light. Apparently the new ones are much more energy efficient - they probably do use LEDs!

Only problem is they have employed the biggest bunch of cowboys to do the installation. Instead of doing one street and getting it finished, they seem to be all over the place. It took them over 6 months to replace all of them on our street (14 lamp posts), but next street along they are still a mix of old working, new working and new not connected up. Oh, and when they did do ours rather than taking the rubbish from digging the holes away, they just dumped it in our local nature reserve. Charming.

We have those new white lights on lampposts, they are much better in my view. But I do go running early in the morning so it suits me well.