1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Strange......

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by S4 Muzza, Jul 20, 2011.

1. S4 Muzza

S4 Muzza oww! my giant blue head!

[Jul 20, 2011]
    I got a call from the police around a month ago saying they had found a set of car keys and had traced them to my car. I've only owned the car for 3 months and still have both the keys it came with. The keys were in Edinburgh (it just so happened i had been in Edinburgh for a few weeks around the time they were handed in) which is a few hours from where i stay so they said they'd post them to me. I was baffled!
    I got them through today and as i expected they do not open my car, any ideas people???

[​IMG]

I bought the car down in Cheshire where it had been living for the past 3 years, so i have no idea how a set of keys found in Edinburgh have been traced to my car! Its not even the two button type (open & close) which i already have for the S3, they also have a boot open button, like my dad has for his A4 avant.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 2, 2014]

3. StateOfPlay

StateOfPlay Well-Known Member

[Jul 20, 2011]
    Weird, obviously some sort of problem with the records at Audi, or someone punched the wrong number in when doing a search. I believe each key has it's own code in the chip, and they must have searched the database at Audi to match the key to the car.

I would contact Audi and ask for their opinion!
  4. Nilz

Nilz Defo worth the wait :)

[Jul 20, 2011]
    Speak to Audi and see what they have to say about it, otherwise, pack them away in safe keeping...simples...