1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Strange winter problem - Ideas?

Swanny356 Feb 8, 2011

1. Swanny356

Swanny356 Active Member Audi A5 Audi A1

During the Icy mornings I've encountered a strange problem - the rear door seals on the sportback are frozen to the car meaning I can't open the doors. Front doors are fine and doesn't matter if I reverse in or drive into my drive. Thought about a bit of polish on the rubbers but not sure if anyone had a better solution as my daughter doesn't appreciate being kept waiting and wants Iggle Piggle to 'get in the car quick Daddy quick' . (God was has my life become?)
    Sorry for hogging so many threads but when you're on a roll!

2. Khufu

Khufu Well-Known Member

Make sure they are dry & then spray with back to black? I wouldnt think it would freeze, not sure if it might make them squeak though?

3. antmax7

antmax7 Member

silicone spray????????

4. rockape

rockape Per ardua

Yep silicone spray. Worked on my cupra.

5. Swanny356

Swanny356 Active Member Audi A5 Audi A1

Thanks - was is it and where can I get some from?

6. rockape

rockape Per ardua

Its for rubber belts and seals. You can get it at Halfords for about a fiver.

7. jbs2472

jbs2472 Active Member

Can't answer your question about doors but i know where your coming from with Iggle Piggle and Daisy Doo..

8. Christer

Christer Engage the beige!

If you want to do it the classy way, you can use Swissvax Seal Feed! Great product, without silicone.

9. munchkincoupe

munchkincoupe Member

I use a silicone lubricant on mine that was for the roof/door seals on my S2000 - works brillaintly - you can get a bug tube from Honda for £5 I think