Strange Windscreen marks after Washing Car?

mewstar

Reaction score
Ive cleaned my Audi today, nothing out the ordinary there...

but to get rid of the smear marks on the outside of the windscreen I used some Meguiars Glass Cleaner. Which worked, but has left strange arched marks on the windscreen (where the wipers would finish if you were to put them on.)

hope this makes sense.

Any ideas how to get rid of these please? :unsure:

ive redone the windscreen with the glass cleaner but they are still there, and even done a very small area with turps :ohmy: but the marks are still there.

sound a bit like my windscreen is too, always has been. I'm sure i read you can polish your windscreen with a clay bar like you use on your paint work only heavier duty. Have always meant to try it.

you can get a burnishing solution that matiners use on boats that will take that of. follow it up with the protection fluid and rain justs rolls away. cant remember the name but will look in the garage tomorrow. Clay bar should work as well. Or nick some pastisceen.

Ipa may work if you can get hold of it or AG glass polish. Mostly likely residue left from previous rain repellant or over zealous waxing with previous owner, or the area around the wiper zone still has old product on it (if you follow).

a lot of the products suggested mean nothing to me.
So a normal car clay bar is ok to use on glass?

thanks for the replies/help

edit:
google shows up Autoglym Glass Polish & Cleaner

does this really take off stubborn marks?

Last edited: