Strange vibration through all pedals

Y

Yohan87

Car = VW Bora 4motion with 1.8T AMK

Morning,

I've noticed that when accelerating and on the over run I can feel vibrations through all 3x pedals. It's a strange one to describe but when accelerating it's like the car feels rough or gritty, even though it pulls smoothly through the rev range and very well.

Again on over run I can feel what I'd described as a constant but not severe vibration through all the pedals.

The car does have an SMF and a poly dog bone mount but it has only started this vibration thing recently. I've checked the dog bone and it's torqued to the correct specifications.

Also at Christmas I removed the air con unit as I plan on slowly turning it in to a track car and I replaced the belt. Would the removal of air con cause more vibrations since that pulley no longer requires turning?

Sorry for the vague description but hopefully somebody understands what I'm on about.

Cheers

Nope, seems smooth on idle.

Could it even be a wheel balancing issue?

Could it possibly be "saw-toothed" tyres mate?

Dan

Right I did some testing tonight and it seems to happen only when throttle is applied.

Stationary and in neutral, if I rev it up slowly and feel the clutch/brake pedal with my left foot I can feel small vibrations coming through them. Worse when moving and car is under load.

When moving at any speed and I dip the clutch and coast there is no vibrations. Seems to be related to throttle action.