1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Strange thought Rear Wheel drive A3

Paul @ Unit 9 Remaps Nov 13, 2009

1. Paul @ Unit 9 Remaps

Paul @ Unit 9 Remaps Site Sponsor Site Sponsor

Yes a A3 rear wheel drive, you be possibly easy id imagine too as theres a 4wd system available from a s3, like the scooby lads doo, just disconennect the front drive shafts and what not but do a proper job of it, everyone bangs on about RWD ect, if i hadnt anything better to do alittle money with my car complete would look into this.

2. grathies

grathies More Points Than Portsmouth FC

Id imagine the extra weight would be equal to that of a 4wd setup, so youd have a heavy car withoutt the traction or control the original setup afforded it.

I can see no logical reason for doing it myself, appart from it hasnt been done. By that token, no ones ever vinyl wrapped a car in pictures of Gary Glitter, and for the same reason, its not a good idea.

3. s3 Hoggy

s3 Hoggy Whats going on???

:lmfao:

4. Dani_B19

Dani_B19 Audi-sports own special child.

The s3 in my avatar is rwd.

5. s3 Hoggy

s3 Hoggy Whats going on???

Doesn't it have an RS4 engine too?

6. Paul @ Unit 9 Remaps

Paul @ Unit 9 Remaps Site Sponsor Site Sponsor

just a thought that passed me , thought id ask

7. adamss24

adamss24 Well-Known Member

Its not that easy to do as you think ! 1st, the rear diff and driveshafts were not designed to handle big power as they only work "part time" when the fronts slip. If you want RWD buy a merc, beemer or nissan as they been doing it for years and they are bloody good at it !

8. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost! Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona quattro Audi S3 Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

Nothing a bit of welding can't sort out! :) :undwech:

9. grathies

grathies More Points Than Portsmouth FC

True, but thats an S3, technically this post was about A3s... not wanting to be pedantic or anything :p