1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

strange sounding dump valve A4 1.8 turbo sport

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by philS2, Apr 10, 2007.

1. philS2

philS2 New Member

[Apr 10, 2007]
    hi all.just like to say-great forum you've got here.brilliant tech section.i've got a quick question.i fitted a atmospheric dump valve(i know some guys don't recommend them)but put it on the intake by mistake.changed it to the boost side and it sounded like a duck call.:lmfao: so i put the standard recirc back in and it still sounds like the duck but a bit quieter with it being sealed again.does anyone think it might have affected something?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 28, 2014]

3. hiltoa

hiltoa VAG erfahren

[Apr 11, 2007]
    Hi Phil, welcome to the forum!
    Bit of a long shot, but have you checked there's nothing like a washer or O-ring rattling (or quacking) about in the pipework betwixt turbo and WG?
  4. PhilR

PhilR One Ate Tea

[Apr 11, 2007]
    Have you put the vacuum hose back on the top of the dv ? if not the pressure would have to blow it open off throttle and it would sound wierd
  5. philS2

philS2 New Member

[Apr 12, 2007]
    thanks PhilR.i did put it back on but i'll check the vacuum on the hose.
  6. dnk5ex

dnk5ex New Member

[May 4, 2007]
    Hi I am going to guess that you have fitted it where the standard one is fitted. I did this as well and got the same noise.

You need to buy a T piece to fit it and fit the throttle body side of the intercooler and will be fine, its something to do with the temperature being too high near the turbo which does not let the second piston on the DV work properly.

Dean