Strange problem

LiveWire

S3X
Reaction score
Looking for some help with a problem my car seems to have,

Some times when driving the car seems a lot faster than it usually does, ie I can drive the car and it seems fast enough but then all of a sudden the car tends to be a lot faster!!

Its like the car has a chip that is working sometimes but not always??

Any ideals?

You could do, I think VCDS should be able to tell you if you plug it in.
Or you can just unplug it and drive for a little way and see if it makes any difference then you would know.

So if I unplug the MAF and drive the car what should I look out for?? will the car be slugish??

hi mate i had same problem, If you unplug your MAF your esp light will come on but dont worry. The car wont run sluggish it just wont boost properly/aggressively, i replaced my MAF and it went like a rocket! :rock:

sounds like a coil pack problem, after my car was remapped my car did this & one by one the coil packs when until i just replaced the remander.

Thats the turbo kicking in :undwech: LOL...

Either maf or coilpack seriously though mate, get it on VAGCOM and you should get your answer then :)

I will get it checked on VAG-COM just trying to save a few ££,
If the car runs fine some of the time would that mean the coil packs are OK?? and is it worth cleaning the MAF just in case??

Thanks for all the help so far :eek:)

**lol just texted my uncle who has his own garage and he has VAG-COM :rockwoot::thrashi::rock::greyrs4:**

So im off to get it checked tomorrow

it wont bring up a coil pack issue unless the cylinder isnt firing, you would think if their all working then no problems but i did notice varying performance before the coils went. You could just wait & see if one goes then just replace the lot.