1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Strange problem with DIS

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by drewwa, Sep 22, 2006.

1. drewwa

drewwa New Member

[Sep 22, 2006]
    Folks,

I've got a strange problem with my DIS which I can only describe as a 'virus' !

It looks almost as if something is 'eating' the display. What is most weird is that it is growing/moving slowly around the display. It doesn't leave a trail, it fixes itself after it moves. (ie. some previous 'infected areas' now work properly again.)

Here's picture with the DIS on (I've got the usual fade in warm temperatures problem)

[​IMG]

When the DIS is off you can see a sort of 'shadow' where the virus is. Almost as if something has leaked on the inside of the LED.

I'm assuming it's knackered and I need a replacement. I don't really know if this is doable, or how I go about figuring out the part number of the display. I'm also assuming it's ££££ from audi.

My car is 7 years old so probably not worth fixing. Anybody else seen this sort of thing before?

Cheers,

Drew.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 2, 2014]

3. mac1403

mac1403 Member

[Sep 22, 2006]
    The displays are a common fault on these cars. Must admit, I have not seen one go like that though. Most just start missing parts of a character or develope a line through the middle. To replace will cost about £200.