strange problem??? help..

viciouscycle360

Reaction score
hows it goin guys im new here and hope ye can help as i am so confused by this problem and so are most audi dealerships.. my car is a 2002 audi a4 1.9 tdi 130bhp awx engine code

well when i bought the car it had an intermittent slight rough idle but then a few days ago i was driving the car on a bad road and the car bottomed out and hit very hard on the gearbox mount and ever since their is a terrible vibration on idle or reving and when driving but when the engine is under load or on boost the car is perfect no noise or vibrations but then i change gear or slow down the vibration and noise comes back until the car is under load again.. also their is more noise from the gearbox and also whines when slowing down in gear mainly second and also slight when driving but no noise when on boost .. i checked the gearbox and no cracks or loss of fluids only sign of damage is the brace under the gearbox as it has a slight crack in it but seems sturdy.. i am thinking the shock has damaged the duel mass flywheel or the gearbox or something else..

any help would be greatly appreciated thanks..

Last edited:
id go with engine mounts too as when you hit what ever it was may well have lifted the engine up just enough to snap the engine mount/mounts

just did a small check their when i drive the car in reverse and under load the vibration gets worse and the engine doesnt move but when i drive forward and under load the vibration goes away completelly and the engine moves upwards by about and inch is this normal or am i looking at the problem.. could possibly be engine mounts yeah??

Welcome mate - good luck with finding out the fault :)