Strange noise..

s8n

Reaction score
Website
allkris.com
This has happened twice in the past few days, driving along at no real speed (50km/hr) and I hear something that resembles driving over a large object, almost sounds like its caught in the guard, seems to come from the rear wheel on the passenger side... I checked the road, and its smooth with nothing on it, no pot holes or anything obvious.

It happened again this morning, its a hell of a sound! Extremely loud, even with the soundsystem pumped, I could hear it clearly...

Got under the car, couldnt seen any leaks or visable damage from anything, just looked all normal

Any ideas? I know its a long shot /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Its a 03 spec Audi S3

Did ya check your tracks for dead Kangaroos mate? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

... sorry I could not resist! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

i know this is a silly question but is the wheel done up tight? If the studs have come loos u get a sound similar... but not when accelerating or braking...

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
that wigginer said:
Did ya check your tracks for dead Kangaroos mate? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

... sorry I could not resist! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

I was going to say, have you checked for a dead body under the car, but yours is better.

Sorry S8n.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

AL

hehehe

I thought I had hit a native australian!

Ill check my wheel studs tonight and ensure the nuts are tight..

The day i see kangaroos on the streets of Sydney..