1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Strange light switch issue question

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by Molnboman, Dec 22, 2013.

1. Molnboman

Molnboman Well-Known Member

[Dec 22, 2013]
    I am convinced ma Mrs is trying her best to kill my car! Everytime she takes it out these days something else f#cks up with my car when she returns! hahahaha

Right, not sure if you have this on UK cars, but my bus has an auto position on the lights control switch. In the auto position not all interior lights are coming on radio, heating controls etc but the headlights function as normal and there is also dipped headlight symbol showing on the speedo display ( which I have never seen before ). When switched to headlight setting all is normal....this has never happened to me before and all outside lights are functioning.

Anyone, know what's happening. Is the control switch itself knackered?

BR
    A
  2. Molnboman

[Dec 22, 2013]
    Update....fired the car up and ran through the lights and it would appear to have sorted itself.....wonder what that's all about then? Keep you posted.BR
    jdp1962 likes this.
  3. jdp1962

jdp1962 Grumpy Old Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Dec 22, 2013]
    A ghost in the machine.
  4. Molnboman

[Dec 22, 2013]
    No idea what is was....never seen that light symbol show up the dash before.....not sure what the craic is....hope this isn't the time for it to start playing up...past the 220,000km mark now and still going strong too.

A