1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Strange electric window problem!

ScottSummerhayes May 14, 2009

1. Well my "One-touch" electric windows have been working fine, but then the other night i disconnected my battery (to fit audio goodies) and now the passenger side works perfect (one tap and it will open or close fully without being held down) but the drive side will not!

The Passenger side will even work perfect from the driver side panel, but i cannot for the life of me get the drive side to work! It very annoying as i use this feature all the time :(

Anyone got any idea's?

Thanks
    Scotty

2. dan77

dan77 dan77

i remember something about this from somewhere, i think if it turn on the car and put the windows all the way down and hold the switch for a few seconds then do the same on the way up it should reset i think, dont quote me on any of this, i just got a feelin ive read that somewhere before

3. Thanks mate, i will give it a go :D

4. Nilz

Nilz Defo worth the wait :) Team Ibis TFSI Owners Group quattro Audi A4 S-line owners group saloon Manual

Scott, let us know how you get on, interesting to know if it works or not :)

5. steve123a

steve123a Member

I had this recently when I went away the battery died and windows either side wouldn't go up with one touch. After a bit of playing around, opening and closing they seemed to start working ok the next day... very weird! Hope you get it sorted mate!

6. 1animal1

1animal1 The Clar!! it mouves!!! VCDS Map User

press on switch so window goes down, once down hold the switch in same position for 20secs, release then push once and release.....then pull the wswitch down until the windows up...wait 20 secs then release and pull the switch up once.....job done...do that for both windows

7. Keeno

Keeno Spooly Spooly Boosty Boosty!

What he said ^^^^

8. Cheers guys, worked a treat!