1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Strange A3 History - Help!

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by danb82, Aug 14, 2013.

1. danb82

danb82 New Member

[Aug 14, 2013]
    Hi,

I went to take a look at this car after work today and would like some advice.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/2013...

I arrived and car looked mint, he then started talking about the history saying he had bought it from a friend who owned an accident repair place and that apparently when audi ship cars occasionally they get damaged in transit and audi will not sell them in their showrooms so this garage had acquired it. They are www.abcrush.co.uk.

He said the mileage was low because the car was registered in 2008 and he got it in 2010 with pretty much delivery mileage. He couldnt tell me what had been damaged and repaired and i could not see anything. It has audi service stamps in the but no records for the period before he owned it.

Drove the car and it felt really good nothing out of the ordinary and it is PERFECT for me. Just this history thing is grinding at me.

He was a nice guy, he had retired, lived in a nice house in a posh village next to henley. He was genuine and i believe he bought with total confidence but who knows.

HPI check comes out clear.

What do you think?

Thanks
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 22, 2014]

3. Sandra

Sandra MODERATOR Staff Member Moderator

[Aug 14, 2013]
    Welcome to audi-sport.net Dan. Im sure the guys will be along to advise you shortly. Enjoy the forum. :) x
  4. bez101

bez101 Yorkshire & Humber Rep. Regional Rep VCDS Map User

[Aug 14, 2013]
    give audi a call
    sorted
  5. Artimus

Artimus Short Back

[Aug 14, 2013]
    As said, give Audi a call! & there should be at least two service stamps in the book. looks like a clean motor, but get an AA\RAC inspection done before parting with any of your hard earned. :thumbsup: