1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. audi_girl

audi_girl Active Member

Got in the car to drive home from Manchester today (only about 150 miles away), 1/2 mile down the road my engine mgmt system warning light comes on and the car is running like a dog - think it is the coil pack gone.

So RAC come out, they book a tow truck which can't deliver it to my local dealer until tomorrow lunchtime.

I can't get a hire car to get home 'cos my driving license is at home, and now the flights into Heathrow are cancelled due to the weather !!!!!!!!!

Blimey O'Reilley !!! All I can think is that there is obvoiusly some reason I shouldn't be at home tonite - perhaps my house is about to catch fire or somethin g!!!

2. Joshie

Joshie Member

Sorry to hear about this /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Are you getting onto the internet through your mobile phone or have you done the wise thing and checked into a nice warm hotel for the night.

3. audi_girl

audi_girl Active Member

I am checked into a hotel, but I am in the office trying to finish the presentation I was due to be giving in London tomorrow am - thankfully a colleague has stepped in but have to finish writing it !!!!!!!

4. S3Bangs

S3Bangs Member

Sorry to hear Jo.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif This is the kinda thing I was thinking off when I posted about this cold weather this morning.. I just hope I'm not next..

5. audi_girl

audi_girl Active Member

I am just lucky it was 1/2 mile from the office, not 1/2 way down the M6 !!!

6. Joshie

Joshie Member

It'll be interesting to see if it is inded the coli pack - my wife has an A3 1.8T so I guess that if this cold weather persists she is in dange of getting stranded.

7. danksy

danksy Member

Sh!t, glad you're ok Jo!

Yet another engineering triumph from our german friends! The mind boggles! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

8. audi_girl

audi_girl Active Member

Not sure if it is the weather - it has been a bit flat for a while and idling badly - perhaps this has been building up !

9. Administrators

Administrators Administrator Staff Member Administrator Audi A4 TDi

just hope the flights are on tomorrow, otherwise I'll be travelling North tomorrow night to pick you up :S
    another long day.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

10. Steve_C_NWales

Steve_C_NWales Member

John, you do know that's past Watford mate! lol hope you have sat nav /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Steve

11. AL_B

AL_B Well-Known Member Team Daytona Audi S3 DSG

If you are coming up North, make sure you drop in an see me! I'm only down the road! Quite near the Haydock junction on the M6 and very near to Junc 13/14 M60/M62. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

12. Administrators

[ QUOTE ]
    John, you do know that's past Watford mate! lol hope you have sat nav /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Steve

[/ QUOTE ]
    Yeah I know, I'm in Brum tomorrow so it's only a little further /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

13. Steve_C_NWales

Steve_C_NWales Member

Not a bad come back mate, I see your stars have been replicating, sure you only had 6 about 30 mins ago! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Steve

14. Administrators

15. DuncS3

DuncS3 Member

Guy at work with a current model Audi A4 1.8T, just stopped me in reception to say his coilpack had gone this morning and Aston Green told him "that they have about 30 cars waiting and they estimate he wont get his car back till the 30th March"!!!!!

sort it out Audi ffs - they are dropping like flies...

16. audi_girl

audi_girl Active Member

I just called Aston Green to tell them my car was en-route on a tow truck, and they have refused to take it.

Apparanatly them and Reading have closed to all new cars.

What am I supposed to do !? No car, no transport. It's awful - why would I ever want to buy an Audi again?

New cam belt, new timing chain, huge oil leak caused by dealer and now this !

17. AL_B

AL_B Well-Known Member Team Daytona Audi S3 DSG

Jo,

If I were you I'd ring round Audi dealers yourself. Try Links Audi Macclesfield (01625 612200). Ask to speak to Huw on the service desk, tell him Alan with the silver S3 recommended you to them. I know that when my car was in over Christmas, they had some coil packs, he might be able to help you.

AL

18. audi_girl

audi_girl Active Member

Thanks Al - might just do that.

Once I find a dealer who will take it in to confirm that is what it is anyway !

19. DuncS3

DuncS3 Member

Jo - since you car is a comany car, should'nt your fleet office deal with it?

Aston Green took the guys car at my work because that is where we get all our Lease Plan vehicles from

20. audi_girl

audi_girl Active Member

Yeah but in their hands I would end up with some dodgy hire car, and they can't get me a coil pack any quicker !

Aston Green aren't where we get the cars from either /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

21. richyboy

richyboy Member

[ QUOTE ]
    I just called Aston Green to tell them my car was en-route on a tow truck, and they have refused to take it.

Apparanatly them and Reading have closed to all new cars.

What am I supposed to do !? No car, no transport. It's awful - why would I ever want to buy an Audi again?

New cam belt, new timing chain, huge oil leak caused by dealer and now this !

[/ QUOTE ]Cant see how they get away with it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif Audi car, Audi main dealer, known fault/poor quality part and then nooooooo customer service March for a 15 minute part discusting, who pays for the Hire car?

22. MickHumphrey

MickHumphrey Member Team Sepang Audi S3 Black Edition

[ QUOTE ]
    it is a clear night, the stars are out!

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    I'm sorry but that just cracked me up...
    Very amusing... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif