Straining noise coming from rear... of car

Erf

Reaction score
As above, I seem to have what I can only describe as a straining noise coming from the rear of my car when manoeuvring at very low speeds. It's most noticeable when reversing the car, but also when pulling away slowly in 1st and when breaking slowly to a stop. Might be me being paranoid, but just wondering if any of you guys have experienced anything similar?

Thanks!
Erf

Isit it like a faint squeeking noise,I used to have this when reversing....

Lol. Guess I should have been more specific! The straining noise is coming from the rear of my car. It's not really a squeaky noise, but I guess one mans squeak could be another mans strain...

Guess I'm just concerned it could be the rear diff.

i have something like this also , and have had since i got the car last may. it doesnt do it all the time but it does it when slow reverse parking etc or pulling forward slowly out a space. it hasnt got any worse or developed into anything. but i also think that if i lift off just over 50 and let the car slow down slighty that there is a rumble from the rear too . im putting it down to the rear diff but have never bothered to look further into it. I really should has anyone everstripped the rear diff and have an idea of cost of replaement bearings

Yeah as above mate, check your rear diff oil level and haldex oil level