1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Straight Light Issue

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by A13x, Aug 16, 2013.

1. A13x

A13x Member

[Aug 16, 2013]
    I replaced the headlight bulbs in the A3 yesterday for some OSRAMs and since then I have noticed that when I have the light switch set to AUTO the lights never go off when I lock the car. I must lock, unlock and lock again for the lights to go off.

If I go into the car and move the switch to off the lights do not turn off? However if I set it to off and then manually change to sidelights or headlights they function correctly.

Does anyone have any ideas what might be wrong?

The lights are on when its light and dark, I thought lights either work or do not?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 25, 2014]

3. amit87

amit87 Member

[Aug 16, 2013]
    Are you sure your car has the light sensor?

Also I have a habit of hitting "lock > unlock > lock" because I am a paranoid guy and dont want to stand for 30seconds. But the lights should go off after around 30seconds of locking. (so gives you light to get to your door step/security I guess).

Try that. Other bit seems bit odd to be honest.
  4. A13x

A13x Member

[Aug 18, 2013]
    I cant seem to fix the spelling mistake in the topic. I have not waited 30 seconds but with the old bulbs the lights went out straight away when the car was locked.

I will time and see if they go out after 30 seconds, I know when you remove the key the light switch does not work if you turn them to off as they remain on
  5. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Aug 26, 2013]
    Does your light switch have a small rectangular button at the bottom slightly to the left, under the main headlight switch dial.