Stop / Start PITA

ub7rm

Reaction score
Generally I don't find the stop start to intrusive and rarely take to disabling it completely but there is one really annoying characteristic of it that I wonder if the settings can be changed.

Basically when I come to a stop and change to go into reverse say when backing into a parking space it will kill the engine and then immediately restart it when I've put it into reverse.

Does anyone know if you can programme in say a 2 second delay between hitting the brakes and the SS activating?

Press the button. :nevreness:

SS annoy's the hell out of me, it rocks the whole car everytime it cuts in or out. (3.0 TDI)
I've tried a few of the options in VCDS to disable it and whilst some did, it always reset itself after locking/unlocking the car. "I have not seen any "timer" options for it BTW."
I even asked RossTech and they declined to let me know how to do it because of legal reasons or something along those lines.

I now "routinely" press he button.

nope cannot be disabled!
I hate it too!, I just turn it off as soon as I start the car!
it's second nature now

Yeah, I don't really do very much stop start traffic so it rarely gets the chance to cut in so I forget about it until it does that.

To be honest I like the idea of it in town traffic - makes sense - but its just a bit too 'eager'.