Stop/Start Fault

DavieG87

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Had a search and don't think its been mentioned yet, Has anyone had a fault with the stop/start feature?

I was driving today and it worked fine then about 100 meters away at the next lights i got an error message on the dash saying stop/start fault along with the glow plug warning light on the dash flashing. When i got home i turned it off and back on but the stop start still wasnt working

Anyone had anything similar?

Thanks

Not seen that. I'd take it to the dealers to have a look at it.

Hi this has just started happening on mine, did you get it sorted ?

Yes mate, took it to the dealer who 'fixed' it then it happened again as i drove away so had to take it back. There was a wiring fault so had to have that replaced and its been fine since

What engine do you have? I have the 1.6tdi n I have the same issue with the emissions control light also coming on now. The start stop won't work if the car feels like there is something wrong.. my car should be going in today hopefully..

I'm assuming your car doesn't have any engine mods? Ie tuning box? I have one n all thhis time I thought it was that causing me these issues.. but now I've seen quite a few people who haven't even done anything to their cars to be getting the fault code come up. How many miles has your car done?

I would defo call audi up n book your car in.. is it still on?

No it got fixed that week they had to replace a wiring loom and its been fine since

mine is the 184 2.0 TDI, now the Alternator light has come on, im going to get it into Audi ASAP