1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

STOP PRESS: Changing my colour!

Discussion in 'New A3/S3 (8V Chassis)' started by daveb99, Mar 4, 2013.

1. daveb99

daveb99 Member

[Mar 4, 2013]
    I have an S-Line Sportback on order (build week 18) and I think I'm going to change the colour - from Daytona Grey to Phantom Black.

Much as I love Daytona, I've had 4 grey cars in the last 12 years and my current A6 Le Mans is Daytona also. Quite simply, I fancy a change!

I was sitting on the fence before but now I'm fairly sure I'll change it. I had an A4 Avant S-Line in Phantom black before the A6 and although it is a pig to keep clean, I loved it.

Has anyone come across any photos on the web of a Sportback S-Line in black? I've found some spy shots of a Sport, but no S-Lines. If you have a black 3 door A3 and can post photos that would be helpful too.

As it will be launched officially in under 2 weeks, and therefore in dealerships, I will probably go and take a good look before finally deciding (been told I can leave it until early April).
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 26, 2014]

3. pjedroo

pjedroo New Member

[Mar 4, 2013]
    Black is always a nice colour but so is daytona. Here are some pictures of a black A3:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Not a s-line exterior, only interior.

S-line exterior:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Not bad huh ;)
  4. hittchy

hittchy Member

[Mar 4, 2013]
    Why couldn't I spec these wheels on my S-line?

I prefer them to the standard ones.
  5. mack71

mack71 New Member

[Mar 4, 2013]
    I like it, when a car looks that good in photos you just know it looks even better in the flesh. Nice wheels too.
  6. Zig

Zig Member

[Mar 4, 2013]
    You say that you are thinking of changing the colour of your Sportback and that your vehicle is scheduled for build week 18. What is the likely date by which no changes to the order would be permitted for build week 18?
  7. si8s

si8s Member

[Mar 4, 2013]
    If you go on the German configurator Audi Konfigurator - Modell there are all sorts of combinations that can't be ordered in the UK.
  8. hittchy

hittchy Member

[Mar 4, 2013]
    Isn't it frustrating though?

Not a great hardship to offer these wheels on S-Line in the UK. You can spec them on the sport model after all.
  9. Vertigo1

Vertigo1 Well-Known Member

[Mar 4, 2013]
    Can't say I blame you as I did the exact opposite - my last A3 was Phantom Black (and had two black A3s before that too!) so went for Daytona as I fancied a change myself :)
  10. frazzeld

frazzeld Member

[Mar 4, 2013]
    I've ordered the Phantom Black sportback....so I guess mine will look similar to this

Thanks for the pics
  11. si8s

si8s Member

[Mar 4, 2013]
    They dumbed it down for us Brits :).
  12. JossyB

JossyB Member

[Mar 4, 2013]
    I'm a bit of a clean freak so I love black cars. Most of my back catalogue have been black and they look the bees when they are mint. I prefer Brilliant Black to Phantom - I call it a proper black - fantastic polished up.

I fancied a change this time and went for Daytona - it's an awesome colour in the flesh and shows off the lines of any model. It's also good for highlighting the extra S-line detail in the bumpers etc. That said, I had a bit of a panic on when I saw an A1 on an overcast day - quite a blue tinge to it.

Saw my car last week parked near a Phantom Black one and it definitely stood out more.

Just hope I end up with it after all !.
  13. daveb99

daveb99 Member

[Mar 4, 2013]
    Thanks so much - very handy indeed to see it in black, I really like it. Where did you find these photos? Just wondering if there may be more where they came from!
  14. selar

selar Member

[Mar 5, 2013]
    Jeez that's a nice car. Especially in this photo, under the grey sky - the reflection comes off the lines on the bonnet just right. Glad I ordered it on mine :D Do you know if that's Brilliant or Phantom?
  15. selar

selar Member

[Mar 5, 2013]
    I'm scheduled for build week 11 (next week, I believe? Are we in week 10 atm?) and the last changes I made were about 3 weeks ago. They didn't affect my build date. Perhaps someone with more experience could tell you how different types of mods impact the build date - I was only adding the extended mono.pur interior and perhaps another cosmetic thing like a paint job would be in the same sort of ballpark.
  16. pjedroo

pjedroo New Member

[Mar 6, 2013]
    I'm not sure but my guess is this is Phantom.
  17. pjedroo

pjedroo New Member

[Mar 6, 2013]
    I'm also active on a dutch Audiforum (audiforum.nl) and we also post pictures there so that's where i got it. I posted all the pictures so no more of this car.
  18. paul8852

paul8852 Member

[Mar 6, 2013]
    Just got back from my local dealer with the intention of buying the Glacier White only to find that the Brilliant Black looks so much better in the flesh than on the configurator, similarly, whilst the Glacier White looks good suddenly everyone in my home town seems to be driving white cars!! Its like silver was a few years ago all over again, dont get me wrong I think White Audis look great but there seems to be a hell of a lot of white vehicles on the roads locally... saving the £525 also helps towards Advanced Key & Hill Assist options that were previously out of reach!!! photo (12).jpg photo (13).jpg photo (15).jpg
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2013
  19. pjedroo

pjedroo New Member

[Mar 6, 2013]
    Totally agree. I personally think white was very modern in ..........2009 ... then Audi seemed to hype white again. Its not really my cup of tea, but i can't say it looks bad. Darker colours just look better imo.
  20. s33nyboy12

s33nyboy12 Well-Known Member

[Mar 6, 2013]
    Agreed! I live In Nottingham and every man and his dog has either got a White Audi or a grey BMW !

I have ordered a black new a3 s line and I can't wait. You can't go wrong with black. Love it.

Sean
  21. Slack

Slack New Member

[Mar 7, 2013]
    Hi guys,

I'm new here, just seen the OP looking for pictures of a Phantom Black A3. It's not a SB but thought they might help anyway.

IMG_1100.jpg
    IMG_1099.jpg
    IMG_1098.jpg
    IMG_1097.jpg
    IMG_1096.jpg
  22. pjedroo

pjedroo New Member

[Mar 8, 2013]
    - double post
  23. pjedroo

pjedroo New Member

[Mar 8, 2013]
    Great looking car! Do you know if this is the s-line or sport suspension?
  24. Slack

Slack New Member

[Mar 8, 2013]
    I think it's just the Sport suspension. The car was already built and in the UK when I bought it so I didn't get the choice to add/change the options.
    The ride is pretty comfortable, however if I had the choice I'd have ordered the S-Line suspension purely for looks.