1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

STOP - Check Coolant

Navajo Dec 20, 2010

1. Navajo

Navajo New Member

Quick question please, my A3 is moaning at me about it not having enough coolant, checked the thingy under the bonnet and it's literally just under minimum.

Okay to drive as normal for a week or two?

2. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

Uh surely its obvious what to do

3. Navajo

Navajo New Member

Well I have coolant in the house which I'm going to in 2 or 3 weeks time... so I couldn't be bothered to go buy some if it's not needed.

4. basssound

basssound Member

Jusu top it to the max with water out of the tap, no need to use inhibitor when topping up such a small amount ;)

5. smudge_don

smudge_don Active Member

Nige, Navajo is the forum "joker" (remove the "r" for his real title) on the Corsa forum

Just ignore him, he's Welsh, bored and wants some attention

Jon, just fill it up you div

6. colicabcadam

colicabcadam Guest

buy petrol and at the same time buy coolant, done.

7. vw754

vw754 vorsprung Durch Technik

let it run out .........and then you'll know if it was worth spending around £8 on a top up.....or worth waiting till you got home!

Kclouden likes this.
  8. NHN

Ahhh Forest Gumps brother, gotcha, oh & welsh, maybe N8 knows him.

9. Ads

Ads License to drive

I think I'm going to like this guy. :lmfao:

10. smudge_don

smudge_don Active Member

Jon's previous car was a Golf....he clearly isn't ready for the step up to Audi! :laugh:

11. FranA3

FranA3 FMDETAILING Site Sponsor Regional Rep Gold Supporter Team Brill Red Audi A3

fill it up it could be an expensive skimp on a little bit of water how much are new heads nowadays i recon the best part of a grand a a half maybe even more is it really worth taking the chance for a pint of water

12. crazy88

crazy88 Loving the anonymity

He clearly can't be very bright if he was on a Corsa forum with a Golf! :p

Perhaps just pee into the coolant, since it's warm it'll work as anti-freeze as regular water will get cold and freeze over.

13. FranA3

FranA3 FMDETAILING Site Sponsor Regional Rep Gold Supporter Team Brill Red Audi A3

lmfao

14. PetrolAholic

PetrolAholic Member

Fill it up then if you still get problems change the coolant tank, the sensors are known to play up especially in cold weather. They become corroded.

£13 from main dealer and don't even need to do a coolant change if you are careful.

15. Ads

Ads License to drive

You could've left it at that. :whistle2:

16. crazy88

crazy88 Loving the anonymity

haha...I'll let you take the brunt of that statement. I'm sure there are many users here who used to have corsa's...myself included. Mine was a 1L purple beauty! As standard as the day she was made, in performance, looks and satisfaction. Great first car, but loved getting rid of it.

[​IMG]

17. Ads

Ads License to drive

I'm sure I'll be fine, they probably can't find the reply button.
    Haha, I can hardly talk, I owned a vauxhall nova once. It had an SR spoiler and hub caps on it and stick on sunscreens as tints.

18. FranA3

thats one brand of car ive never owned before the audi i was a ford man but then i saw the error of my ways lol

19. vw754

vw754 vorsprung Durch Technik

:laugh:i started off in a vw derby(if you remember them) then a golf,and 3 audi's and 2golfs lol

20. smudge_don

smudge_don Active Member

My Mondeo ST is better than my 1st Audi :laugh:

21. FranA3

i like st's they are lovely looking cars my sisters boyfriend has got the td st such a nice car for the money got to be fair , once the finance is payed off its new car time for me but still two years left of that , i might upgrade to a 2.0tfsi i think or a 170tdi well see whats avail

22. Navajo

Navajo New Member

nice replies dickheads

23. NHN

[​IMG]

24. smudge_don

smudge_don Active Member

:laugh: bwaaahahahahaahaha